Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

@bridgeno1 Care to own up to misreading my post and then having go at me for something I didn’t say?
I'll apologise if I misinterpreted anything but what I read from your thread was talk of bottling and even if Arsenal lost their last match vs Everton 10-0 I don't think they can be accused of bottling - we've had a very good crack at the title and if we fall a bit short then so be it, we can still be proud of the progress made year on year.

I'll apologise if I misinterpreted anything but what I read from your thread was talk of bottling and even if Arsenal lost their last match vs Everton 10-0 I don't think they can be accused of bottling - we've had a very good crack at the title and if we fall a bit short then so be it, we can still be proud of the progress made year on year.
If you don't win it this year (for the record I think we drop points tomorrow) where do you think you can improve next season? I don't think teams tend to evolve into title challengers - it normally takes a key signing or two. Your defence and attack have both been great this year - do you need a brutish striker or fullbacks? Do you need to pick one goalie?

If you don't win it this year (for the record I think we drop points tomorrow) where do you think you can improve next season? I don't think teams tend to evolve into title challengers - it normally takes a key signing or two. Your defence and attack have both been great this year - do you need a brutish striker or fullbacks? Do you need to pick one goalie?
I think having a young team makes inconsistent performances a thing, that's happened at times. But getting a bastard up front will help, and a bit more squad depth as we struggled in between the Bayern games and ran out of energy.

We've actually been pretty lucky with injuries this season, had key players like Saliba/Rice gotten injured we'd have been nowhere near the title so we should bear that in mind.

We also started the season quite slowly, we were transitioning a new midfield in. Plus City are a juggernaut that you can't give an inch to - the players can learn from that and make sure they are focused 100%

The key thing though is that we'll be a club that's attractive to top players so that's a big difference moving forward as well. Not Mbappe level players but the rung below.

I think having a young team makes inconsistent performances a thing, that's happened at times. But getting a bastard up front will help, and a bit more squad depth as we struggled in between the Bayern games and ran out of energy.

We've actually been pretty lucky with injuries this season, had key players like Saliba/Rice gotten injured we'd have been nowhere near the title so we should bear that in mind.
We've got a young lad called Phillips we can send your way as a Rice understudy.

Did you guys every try Zinchenko in midfield or have you played him out of position at left back?

We've got a young lad called Phillips we can send your way as a Rice understudy.

Did you guys every try Zinchenko in midfield or have you played him out of position at left back?
We tried him in midfield but he's a mistake waiting to happen and is probably on his way out, alongside Jesus in the summer. Perhaps that's a mark of progress, last year the 2 City cast offs were key players, now they are surplus to requirements.

P.S. no thanks to Phillips! Unless you want to do a straight swap with Sambi Lokonga!

I dont think they have to improve much. 89pts wins you the league in most seasons. If we win it, Arse will look back on that home defeat to West Ham which looks worse by the week, even compared to our draw with Palace

Did City.I liked him but the fuss some made when he left was unbelievable.
Jesus too.
We robbed them price wise with that pair.

I dont think they have to improve much. 89pts wins you the league in most seasons. If we win it, Arse will look back on that home defeat to West Ham which looks worse by the week, even compared to our draw with Palace
Ive not got stats to back it up but I feel like you can't come close two seasons and then win it on the third without a big player or two coming in. Closest example I can think of is when Liverpool bought in Alison and Van Dijk. You fall into a spurs situation where you end up buying reserves instead of bringing in players to potentially bench your star men like Kane. It took two seasons of big signings in Silva, Toure and then Sergio to push us into the next sphere.

Did City.I liked him but the fuss some made when he left was unbelievable.
Jesus too.
We robbed them price wise with that pair.
Mainly played left back because he couldn't get a start in midfield and we have a deep disinterest in buying actual left backs. I remember at least one game he started in midfield (I want to say it was against Wolves)

We also started the season quite slowly, we were transitioning a new midfield in. Plus City are a juggernaut that you can't give an inch to - the players can learn from that and make sure they are focused 100%

The key thing though is that we'll be a club that's attractive to top players so that's a big difference moving forward as well. Not Mbappe level players but the rung below.
Pretty lucky with injuries? That's one way of describing it. Some would say freakish.
37 matches played
37 apps : Saliba, Rice
36 apps : White, Havertz
35 apps : Gabriel, Saka (although he has been doubtful for 30 of those)
34 apps : Odegaard, Martinelli
33 apps : Trossard
31 apps : Raya

That equates to nine players missing a total of 16 matches or, including Raya, ten missing 22 matches.

De Bruyne and Stones have missed twenty each so far and Haaland seven so I think pretty lucky is rather economical with the truth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.