Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

Just comparing your situation to ours. We have genuinely taken in large transfer fees (some from yourselves actually ) and have taken in more from winning competitions.
I wonder what the comments would be if we borrowed from our owner at cheap interest rates. Your opinion please. I don’t mind if your club crest is at the top.

My understanding is Arsenal have £200m to spend this summer plus whatever they get in player sales.

I'm not sure about the finances other than what I've read. I do know the debt we have is to our owners at very low interest rates - but the owners are unsurprisingly cool with that given the club's valuation increased from £1.6bn to £2.4bn between 2016 and 2023.
Your debt to the owner was just under £0.5bn in the last accounts.

Isak to Arsenal is a no, Newcastle won't sell him but it seems like a deal for Osimhen is getting done, he's said he's keen to come to the Emirates and they are hoping to wrap it up shortly after the window opens. I'm not sure he's that good - fee will be over £100m and he was rubbish at the AFCON. I'd have preferred Isak although to be fair he's always injured.

Raya will sign for Arsenal for £27m (he was on loan last season from Brentford).

Surprise interest in Bryan Mbueno at Brentford. The Benjamin Sesko deal should get done but he's more of a project striker. And we are also after another Ajax defender and a PSV winger.

Zinchenko and Sambi Lokonga seem like they are leaving Arsenal and off to Bayern. £47m for the pair. Ramsdale apparently off to Newcastle, around £30m. Surely Nketieh will be off as well.
Can't see Bayern swapping Alphonso for Zinchenko and selling the latter along with the other geezer for 47m, they know Zinchenko is not good enough and you're in dreamland if you think Bayern will pay that much for these two. Lokonga had played 50 plus games and scored 1 goal. I think you're making too much of the Kompany/Lokonga/Anderlecht connection, the only clubs interested in him were relegated Luton where he ended up and Burnley before that.

Can't see Bayern swapping Alphonso for Zinchenko and selling the latter along with the other geezer for 47m, they know Zinchenko is not good enough and you're in dreamland if you think Bayern will pay that much for these two. Lokonga had played 50 plus games and scored 1 goal. I think you're making too much of the Kompany/Lokonga/Anderlecht connection, the only clubs interested in him were relegated Luton where he ended up and Burnley before that.
Maybe, but then again nobody saw Bayern swapping Tuchel for Kompany, yet here we are.

My understanding is Arsenal have £200m to spend this summer plus whatever they get in player sales.

I'm not sure about the finances other than what I've read. I do know the debt we have is to our owners at very low interest rates - but the owners are unsurprisingly cool with that given the club's valuation increased from £1.6bn to £2.4bn between 2016 and 2023.

Would like to see how that figure has been derived as the club couldn't afford to pay Brentford a few for Raya last season.

The club are going to find it difficult shifting some players who they want to let go and could generate decent fees (e.g. Jesus) due to them being paid very high salaries.

Would like to see how that figure has been derived as the club couldn't afford to pay Brentford a few for Raya last season.

The club are going to find it difficult shifting some players who they want to let go and could generate decent fees (e.g. Jesus) due to them being paid very high salaries.
Well this season they can factor in CL revenues from last year, plus CL this year which is higher revenues due to more matches.

And only City earned more revenue from the PL last season.

True re Jesus' salary - he's on £250k per week, so I'd imagine Saudi but noise of him leaving has died down somewhat. They'll have a clear out of Ramsdale, Nketieh, Nelson, Smith Rowe, Patino etc and those players alone I'd imagine would get something like;

Ramsdale - £30m
Nketieh - £25m
Nelson - £15m
Smith Rowe - £20m
Patino - £7m

Plus if Zinny and Jesus go I'd imagine that's probably another £70m+ for the pair.

It's been a lot of fun listening to the amount of Copium in Arsenal podcasts like Arsecast and Handbrake Off. No one cares about City they cry as they spend 20 minutes telling you as much.
I'd agree with this. The U turn has been really bad. Up until the season's end it was all about City being a machine and how we have to aspire to their mentality. Now it's all about the 115.

No excuses, we were 1 defeat vs Villa away from winning the league, and are very close regardless- further improvement from Arsenal and City staying the same and we have a chance. Our fanbase had better not turn into the fucking Dippers and shift blame elsewhere and adopt a victim mentality. Us not winning the league was entirely upon us this season, plus City winning by 2 points is hardly a case of them dominating and us being miles away. City just happened to grow a pair and win their matches when it counted, plus they had their best player out for half a season, and their star striker out for a big chunk as well. I don't recall City crying and blaming the ills of the world for that.

I was pissed off with Edu for his 'things I can't speak about' bullshit for that very reason. How about you sign a proper striker mate, then we don't miss 4 open goals in the games against West Ham and Villa and maybe things turn out different. That's on Edu.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.