Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

I'd agree with this. The U turn has been really bad. Up until the season's end it was all about City being a machine and how we have to aspire to their mentality. Now it's all about the 115.

No excuses, we were 1 defeat vs Villa away from winning the league, and are very close regardless- further improvement from Arsenal and City staying the same and we have a chance. Our fanbase had better not turn into the fucking Dippers and shift blame elsewhere and adopt a victim mentality. Us not winning the league was entirely upon us this season, plus City winning by 2 points is hardly a case of them dominating and us being miles away. City just happened to grow a pair and win their matches when it counted, plus they had their best player out for half a season, and their star striker out for a big chunk as well. I don't recall City crying and blaming the ills of the world for that.

I was pissed off with Edu for his 'things I can't speak about' bullshit for that very reason. How about you sign a proper striker mate, then we don't miss 4 open goals in the games against West Ham and Villa and maybe things turn out different. That's on Edu.
Probably your best post yet but don’t be silly and say you win at Villa and you win the league. We don’t concede a penalty in the last minute to Palace and we romp the title. It’s decided by 38 matches not one which is hand chosen.

Probably your best post yet but don’t be silly and say you win at Villa and you win the league. We don’t concede a penalty in the last minute to Palace and we romp the title. It’s decided by 38 matches not one which is hand chosen.
Ok that's a fair point but fact remains that the title was in our hands. We lost 1 game, City won every single one of theirs, the rest is history.

Isak to Arsenal is a no, Newcastle won't sell him but it seems like a deal for Osimhen is getting done, he's said he's keen to come to the Emirates and they are hoping to wrap it up shortly after the window opens. I'm not sure he's that good - fee will be over £100m and he was rubbish at the AFCON. I'd have preferred Isak although to be fair he's always injured.

Raya will sign for Arsenal for £27m (he was on loan last season from Brentford).

Surprise interest in Bryan Mbueno at Brentford. The Benjamin Sesko deal should get done but he's more of a project striker. And we are also after another Ajax defender and a PSV winger.

Zinchenko and Sambi Lokonga seem like they are leaving Arsenal and off to Bayern. £47m for the pair. Ramsdale apparently off to Newcastle, around £30m. Surely Nketieh will be off as well.

Dont believe everything you read mate regarding transfers, you seem to be making the mistake that speculation = deals happening.

I doubt Arsenal will sign Osimhem, i doubt Bayern sign Zinchenko & Sambi, & i dont think Newcastle will sign Ramsdale for £30M.

Sesko perhaps the best chance of happening but that is way off a done deal as well.

Dont believe everything you read mate regarding transfers, you seem to be making the mistake that speculation = deals happening.

I doubt Arsenal will sign Osimhem, i doubt Bayern sign Zinchenko & Sambi, & i dont think Newcastle will sign Ramsdale for £30M.

Sesko perhaps the best chance of happening but that is way off a done deal as well.
cant see you guys getting osimhen because dealing with napoli is a nightmare especially if the saudis are involved as well.

cant see you guys getting osimhen because dealing with napoli is a nightmare especially if the saudis are involved as well.

I'm going to be honest, I don't think we even want him, certainly at the prices that Napoli chairman will want and wages Osimhen would want.

I think the emergence of Havertz as a number 9 option, still with Jesus in the squad, has meant we are more looking for a young striker with high ceiling we can help develop, hence the recent strong links to Sesko.

Osimhen just seems much more a Chelsea type signing to me.

So our new signing Benjamin Sesko from Leipzig is heralded as the 'new Haaland'.

Take a look at last season's stats. Is there anything different you notice with his stats vs Haaland's at Dortmund?View attachment 121028
Yeah, he got his stats playing for Leipzig, whereas Haaland's were whilst he was at Dortmund.

Good luck with a 'League 2 player' if he's the 'new Haaland', though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.