Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

Well this season they can factor in CL revenues from last year, plus CL this year which is higher revenues due to more matches.

And only City earned more revenue from the PL last season.

True re Jesus' salary - he's on £250k per week, so I'd imagine Saudi but noise of him leaving has died down somewhat. They'll have a clear out of Ramsdale, Nketieh, Nelson, Smith Rowe, Patino etc and those players alone I'd imagine would get something like;

Ramsdale - £30m
Nketieh - £25m
Nelson - £15m
Smith Rowe - £20m
Patino - £7m

Plus if Zinny and Jesus go I'd imagine that's probably another £70m+ for the pair.
Is this a serious post? Clubs have no money anymore, you need to half that amount

That amazing Rwanda sponsorship working wonders

I don't understand how arsenal don't get called out by the press/media about it.
The uproar about sending illegal immigrants to Rwanda and its horrific human rights record.
Yet somehow in the world of football and the pl it's perfectly fine to be sponsored by Rwanda.

I don't understand how arsenal don't get called out by the press/media about it.
The uproar about sending illegal immigrants to Rwanda and its horrific human rights record.
Yet somehow in the world of football and the pl it's perfectly fine to be sponsored by Rwanda.
Mate, they play in red, mud doesn't stick to red no matter how hard it's thrown.

So our new signing Benjamin Sesko from Leipzig is heralded as the 'new Haaland'.

Take a look at last season's stats. Is there anything different you notice with his stats vs Haaland's at Dortmund?1000010768.jpg

Well this season they can factor in CL revenues from last year, plus CL this year which is higher revenues due to more matches.

True re Jesus' salary - he's on £250k per week, so I'd imagine Saudi but noise of him leaving has died down somewhat. They'll have a clear out of Ramsdale, Nketieh, Nelson, Smith Rowe, Patino etc and those players alone I'd imagine would get something like;

Ramsdale - £30m
Nketieh - £25m
Nelson - £15m
Smith Rowe - £20m
Patino - £7m

Plus if Zinny and Jesus go I'd imagine that's probably another £70m+ for the pair.

£30m for Ramsdale, and average if £35m each for Jesus and Zinchenko? We will see.

Being in CL surely doesn't have too much impact according to Arsenal fans. After all, they whinge every time we spend any money yet we have been in the CL every year since 2012.

I would also expect your owner will want to have some of the debt paid off.

Ramsdale - £30m
Nketieh - £25m
Nelson - £15m
Smith Rowe - £20m
Patino - £7m

You wouldn’t clear £70m plus for Zin and Jesus unless you sold them for around £120m which I think you’d agree is fantasy island.

You wouldn’t clear £70m plus for Zin and Jesus unless you sold them for around £120m which I think you’d agree is fantasy island.
Sorry I'm not following. Are you saying that basically we still owe City money for them? Even if so I'd imagine we would have accounted for that in our accounts.

Anyway highly unlikely we'll spend £300m. They'll get a Left midfielder in, a left back, it seems Sesko and of course Raya. Osimhen would cost a bomb but getting a world class left mid in may be more vital as we need someone to be able to activate our attacking left side better - we are still too reliant on our right side. There was lots of talk that Arsenal played park the bus at the Etihad but I think that became the outcome not the plan - Rodri closed off the middle of the park and City knew then if they could close out Arsenal's right side (Saka, Odegaard) then we had nothing down the left that was anything like as potent. So I guess that would be a focus, maybe then that would help Martinelli get back to peak powers.

The other one I neglected to mention is it seems Partey is off as well. He won't generate a big fee due to his wages (talk is of around £15m or so) unless once again the Saudis come in for him.

Sorry I'm not following. Are you saying that basically we still owe City money for them? Even if so I'd imagine we would have accounted for that in our accounts.

Anyway highly unlikely we'll spend £300m. They'll get a Left midfielder in, a left back, it seems Sesko and of course Raya. Osimhen would cost a bomb but getting a world class left mid in may be more vital as we need someone to be able to activate our attacking left side better - we are still too reliant on our right side. There was lots of talk that Arsenal played park the bus at the Etihad but I think that became the outcome not the plan - Rodri closed off the middle of the park and City knew then if they could close out Arsenal's right side (Saka, Odegaard) then we had nothing down the left that was anything like as potent. So I guess that would be a focus, maybe then that would help Martinelli get back to peak powers.

The other one I neglected to mention is it seems Partey is off as well. He won't generate a big fee due to his wages (talk is of around £15m or so) unless once again the Saudis come in for him.
No. Amortisation. Like we’d need to raise £40m if we sold Grealish to break even with him.
Rice is in the books at £22m per year for 5 years and not £110m for one year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.