Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

The letter and now the leak.

They certainly don’t mind doing the dirty work do they.

Yet they are seen by the London football press as one of the bastions of English football, who should be respected and looked up to.

I read that as bastards of English football who should be locked up too.

Well this season they can factor in CL revenues from last year, plus CL this year which is higher revenues due to more matches.

And only City earned more revenue from the PL last season.

True re Jesus' salary - he's on £250k per week, so I'd imagine Saudi but noise of him leaving has died down somewhat. They'll have a clear out of Ramsdale, Nketieh, Nelson, Smith Rowe, Patino etc and those players alone I'd imagine would get something like;

Ramsdale - £30m
Nketieh - £25m
Nelson - £15m
Smith Rowe - £20m
Patino - £7m

Plus if Zinny and Jesus go I'd imagine that's probably another £70m+ for the pair.
In this climate those figures are optimistic and no way are you getting £70m for our two cast offs. Don't forget embedded wage contracts will affect you as well.

I am not even able to see him in the top 5 list though!!

Ruben Dias
Manuel Akanji
John Stones
Nathan Ake
Josko Gvardiol
A fully fit John Stones is in the same bracket as Saliba (although totally different players). The others aren't as good as him based on the season just finished although at the start of the season Saliba said Dias was the best defender in the PL, he just had a mixed season this year so I guess on form he's in the same bracket also.

A fully fit John Stones is in the same bracket as Saliba (although totally different players). The others aren't as good as him based on the season just finished although at the start of the season Saliba said Dias was the best defender in the PL, he just had a mixed season this year so I guess on form he's in the same bracket also.
Its hard to make a comparison, if saliba and gabriel were left as exposed as our cbs are then it would be a fairer comparison

Its hard to make a comparison, if saliba and gabriel were left as exposed as our cbs are then it would be a fairer comparison
Yeah that's fair enough. For example statistically David Raya is the best keeper in the league in terms of shut outs. But we know he's not actually the best keeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.