Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Looking good Arsenal but you still need a decent CF imo. Any links?
Lots of links but nothing tangible. Osimhen still a possibility but that's big money and wages and I'm not sure we'll do that.

I suspect we will conclude the signing of Mikel Merino at LCB and maybe get a winger who can cover for Saka but in terms of strikers there's not much available that fits the profile Arteta wants.

It currently to me feels like we are weaker and less hungry than we've been in years, though this is just vibes please don't shout at me, while this version of Arsenal are peaking and desperately need a trophy. But surely if they go another season getting close and stumbling it'll break them? But whether they have a Liverpool 19/20 in them when they start so strong it's won by Christmas I don't know. And whether we have a 19/20 in us where we let that happen is something else again, though I don't fear that.
I thought the same last season as I believe it's very difficult to maintain that hunger on the back of winning a treble but we still managed to come through and win the league. That said, Arsenal pushed us all the way and I reckon they will be there or thereabouts again. Will there be other clubs challenging as well? It seems some are already writing Liverpool off which is silly as the season hasn't even started. I can't see United being title challengers but surely they won't finish as low as last season. Villa may well have hit their peak and Spurs' football is too open under Ange. It'll be interesting to see how Chelsea get on.

Who knows what this season will bring for us? It's looking like there won't be a significant refreshing of the squad which can sometimes be a mistake. If we don't replace Alvarez that might not be a bad thing though as it ought to see the likes of Bobb get more game time, and I'm liking the idea of giving McAtee a shot.

I thought the same last season as I believe it's very difficult to maintain that hunger on the back of winning a treble but we still managed to come through and win the league. That said, Arsenal pushed us all the way and I reckon they will be there or thereabouts again. Will there be other clubs challenging as well? It seems some are already writing Liverpool off which is silly as the season hasn't even started. I can't see United being title challengers but surely they won't finish as low as last season. Villa may well have hit their peak and Spurs' football is too open under Ange. It'll be interesting to see how Chelsea get on.

Who knows what this season will bring for us? It's looking like there won't be a significant refreshing of the squad which can sometimes be a mistake. If we don't replace Alvarez that might not be a bad thing though as it ought to see the likes of Bobb get more game time, and I'm liking the idea of giving McAtee a shot.
I said in another thread that I think we’ll see less of Foden starting as a winger, following the arrival of Savinho and the emergence of Bobb.

Exciting times ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.