Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Probably inevitable they will win it sooner or later? Nothing inevitable in sport particularly when competing against Pep’s city. I know you are not referring to yourself but some of your follow gooners need to take a good hard look at themselves.
The other thing I'd say is having Pep's City to overcome has made us a better team for sure.

I was looking at the CL betting odds. They had City at around 4/1, Madrid 5/1 and 3rd favourites were Arsenal at 10/1.

If we'd been up against a less formidable PL opponent there's no way we'd be as good as we are now as there would be a lower benchmark for success. I mean we're lower odds than teams like Bayern, Inter, Barca and PSG - that would have been unthinkable a few years ago.

The other thing I'd say is having Pep's City to overcome has made us a better team for sure.

I was looking at the CL betting odds. They had City at around 4/1, Madrid 5/1 and 3rd favourites were Arsenal at 10/1.

If we'd been up against a less formidable PL opponent there's no way we'd be as good as we are now as there would be a lower benchmark for success. I mean we're lower odds than teams like Bayern, Inter, Barca and PSG - that would have been unthinkable a few years ago.
Spending a shitload of money helps also. Reaching the stage where if you dont win the PL soon, it aint gonna look too hot.

Saka will be playing well into his 40's, he only plays 30 mins a game and spends most of that time on his arse with his hand in the air.

Foden is a great player but I'm happy we have Saka and wouldn't swap him for Foden TBH given the way we play, plus Saka's a fair bit younger than Foden and is still developing whereas I think Foden is somewhere near his peak now. I know this argument's been done to death and if anyone has a different opinion that's cool and I totally understand and respect that as I can see it from both sides.

I'd definitely swap Rice for Rodri though!
You should get your facts straight before you start spouting nonsense on here.

Phil is about 15 1/2 months older than Saka; he was 24 at the end of May, and therefore has another three to four years of development and improvement in him.

And I know I’m probably biased, but Phil is a better all-round footballer than Saka will ever be.

and so was Gareth Barry (in his day he could play anywhere and do pretty much anything - not that we got to see so much of this variability/versatility due to his age and our system/personnel)

My point wasn't really about Johnson being 'box to box' or 'sitting' or (my opinion) 'a more defensively minded midfielder playing in a team with Elano and Ireland in it'

It was just that both ESR and Johnson got injured, had long recover times, seemingly lost form (motivation?) and then had their paths back to first team places 'blocked' by a range of alternative options/players who were of an at least equal standard with equally high ceilings. Wasn't really about like for like.

Johnson didn't really recover any form, but I don't recall us getting £30million for him.
Will ESR recover his form and reach his 'high ceiling'? Nobody really knows, but Arsenal have got £30million in.

That's all I meant really.
I only knew Barry as a holding midfielder.

You should get your facts straight before you start spouting nonsense on here.

Phil is about 15 1/2 months older than Saka; he was 24 at the end of May, and therefore has another three to four years of development and improvement in him.

And I know I’m probably biased, but Phil is a better all-round footballer than Saka will ever be.
TBH I wouldn't swap Bobb for Saka. @bridgeno1 bookmark this and feel free to take the piss next May if I am wrong!

TBH I wouldn't swap Bobb for Saka. @bridgeno1 bookmark this and feel free to take the piss next May if I am wrong!
It will be interesting to see how Oscar does this season.

If his performances last term and this pre-season are anything to go by, he is going to be a very exciting player with another 12 months development behind him.

It will be interesting to see how Oscar does this season.

If his performances last term and this pre-season are anything to go by, he is going to be a very exciting player with another 12 months development behind him.
With Alvarez going I can see the development of Bobb and Savinho on the wings giving a very different and more exciting look to our attack.

With Alvarez going I can see the development of Bobb and Savinho on the wings giving a very different and more exciting look to our attack.
Yeah, I’m really disappointed that Julián is going, but that’s football, and it will make room for Oscar and James McAtee to have more playing time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.