Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

I think one of the issues I'd have if I was a City fan is that the club doesn't get enough credit and recognition from other clubs' fans for what it's achieved. I think a lot of it gets written off as 'they just bought it' whereas the reality is plenty of clubs have spent the same, or more, than City and haven't achieved a fraction of what they have.

Ironically I think one of the fanbases that did respect City's achievements to the extent that the club has been open about using City as a template is Arsenal. I feel the relationship between the clubs has fractured somewhat at a fan level, the last few months in particular although it will never get to the stage where bricks are put through the other team's bus windows.
Tim Lewis doesn't think so

Actually I don't disagree with much of what you said and the match would have been better at 11 vs 11 as both teams would have had a go. Personally time wasting happens a lot, my personal red line is feigning injury. Maybe some karma in so far as Saka is now actually injured.
City rarely waste time tbf..that's why i was so shocked and disappointed with Ederson moving the ball up 10 yards (Ramsdale style!) Time wasting is real anti football. They should double the added time...waste 2 mins - 4 mins added. That will kill it

What, for adhering to the rules that were in place at the time? Good luck with that. I'd also say City's biggest battle is yet to be won. Win that and feel free to lecture morality to other clubs, but until then best to keep your head down old chap.
I don't think the City ownership should ever think 'they won'. I think we could easily lose the next case - bending the rules to match an anti competitive cartel system that Arsenal duly supports is no excuse. Football loses - but to think Arsenal are a moral club is laughable...many many cases of dodgy behaviour from 1919 - up to George Graham, off shore player payments , shareholder loans at 0% etc all point that way - as do City's. I am sure Swales' antics - syphoning off gate attendance - probably for tax evasion and personal gain is one example We had the biggest terrace in UK for a reason - ran the length of UK's longest touchline! packed every week - still recorded high attendances all the way through but probably 5k lower each week then reported lol. All pro clubs come across greedy - The city case is about a club appearing to bend the rules just to try and break up a dodgy cartel (Arsenal head of) all wrong including us and Arsenal let's have it right. One thing though - Arsenal have spent way more than City despite not being in chumps league for years or winning league since Wenger - crazy no one examined their funding more closely. Before we speak of global fan base - dodgy shirt sales in Nigeria watching on dodgy tv sticks = is not a revenue earner

I think one of the issues I'd have if I was a City fan is that the club doesn't get enough credit and recognition from other clubs' fans for what it's achieved. I think a lot of it gets written off as 'they just bought it' whereas the reality is plenty of clubs have spent the same, or more, than City and haven't achieved a fraction of what they have.

Ironically I think one of the fanbases that did respect City's achievements to the extent that the club has been open about using City as a template is Arsenal. I feel the relationship between the clubs has fractured somewhat at a fan level, the last few months in particular although it will never get to the stage where bricks are put through the other team's bus windows.
I agree, first time ever in 20 years i fell out with Brother in Law over 2-2 game - Arsenal should have won that he said - not acknowledging all the sh*t that went on in second half. I said i paid too much to watch that sh*t again...it went on and on lol sad though

I agree, first time ever in 20 years i fell out with Brother in Law over 2-2 game - Arsenal should have won that he said - not acknowledging all the sh*t that went on in second half. I said i paid too much to watch that sh*t again...it went on and on lol sad though
No way we should have won that. City played into Arsenal's hands by having their centre halves take pot shots at goal from 25 yards. If KDB or Foden had been taking those shots they'd have been on target - maybe one goes in, maybe Raya saves it and it bounces back into play in front of Haaland etc.

I thought Pep did get his tactics wrong in that game which is why I couldn't understand why so many Arsenal fans were disappointed we didn't win. I was honestly counting down time until I felt there wasn't enough time for City to get 2 goals, not the equaliser.

Had Arsenal won that it would have been the biggest robbery since Liverpool last played away and their fans burgled their empty houses.

Last edited:
No way we should have won that. City played into Arsenal's hands by having their centre halves take pot shots at goal from 25 yards. If KDB or Foden had been taking those shots they'd have been on target - maybe one goes in, maybe Raya saves it and it bounces back into play in front of Haaland etc.

I thought Pep did get his tactics wrong in that game which is why I couldn't understand why so many Arsenal fans were disappointed we didn't win. I was honestly counting down time until I felt there wasn't enough time for City to get 2 goals, not the equaliser.

Had Arsenal won that it would have been the biggest robbery since Liverpool last played away and their fans burgled their empty houses.
totally agree and all because of that daft sending off..letter of the law and all that but ruined the game... I thought City were good for first 25 - 30 mins..unlucky not to be 2 up.. people forget this, hit post, Gundo open gal etc...then the ref with walker thing was a joke,, you cant call a player over than let oppo take a quick free kick!!! lad did well finishing bu had time to open his body up and use side foot, training ground goal as you need loads of time (relatively) to do that. Normal defenders position, he would not have had that space. It annoys me that this is obvious to anyone who has played but pundits are sh*te here. One; Walker was allowed back in position the ball is not floated out wide like that - SO Walker scampers back - too late for gentle roll back to Calafiori - no way he has that space. iF ref was fair or at least didn't make such a monumental cock up = NO GOAL OPPORTUNITY.. 2nd goal i think was fair - Ederson WAS too soft - but we lost our heads in anger of first unjust goal... second half - been over this many times.. But credit to Arsenal do what you have to IF the game means that much.

What was daft about the sending off? He was on a yellow card and deliberately kicked the ball away to waste time. This didn't ruin the game, the timewasting did. Don't you think enough time was wasted? Players should be booked for this every single time and also when they refuse to retreat ten yards at free kicks. Never seen these days.

What was daft about the sending off? He was on a yellow card and deliberately kicked the ball away to waste time. This didn't ruin the game, the timewasting did. Don't you think enough time was wasted? Players should be booked for this every single time and also when they refuse to retreat ten yards at free kicks. Never seen these days.
What annoys me more than anything is that Raya spent the whole match against us time wasting, but wasn’t booked for it, yet the first time Ederson did it against Fulham, the yellow card was out faster than you could say, "inconsistent".

Plus we really should have had a penalty when Akanji was manhandled in the box during the mess when Rodri got injured. Completely overlooked.

I loathe Arsenal for their cheating tactics, and I do hope the next injury one of their players has deems them out for months. Havertz is first on my wish list, as he knew exactly what he was doing targeting Rodri from KO- again unpunished by that slimester Oliver, then following that perhaps someone could fry Rice for a few weeks as he was gleeful and practically high 5ing all and sundry when Rodri went off.

However all the above is wishful thinking as we know even the most serious Arsenal player injury is repaired by the time of their next match.

Slimeballs led by that poison dwarf Arteta.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.