Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

What do you mean better than the current City team ? if you're talking about this season's City that's silly because the season just started, if you're talking about any of the City teams of the past 4 seasons or the 2017-2019 no chance the "unbeaten" Arsenal was better, people forget just because they were unbeaten in the league they still drew a lot of games, City had a better points record in every league title won under Pep except 2021 and 2023 and that was only because City had clinched the title early and backed off in the league in the last few games to concentrate on the CL, and if you think that Arsenal team was better than City's treble winning team you're out of your mind.
I said there's an argument to be had that's all. For sure Pep is the GOAT so if you had him in charge of that invincibles team then lord only knows what would have happened because I hope it's not an argument that the invincibles team had some of the best players to ever play in the PL. Some of that team get into a best ever PL XI with Henry being the best player to play in England.

I said there's an argument to be had that's all. For sure Pep is the GOAT so if you had him in charge of that invincibles team then lord only knows what would have happened because I hope it's not an argument that the invincibles team had some of the best players to ever play in the PL. Some of that team get into a best ever PL XI with Henry being the best player to play in England.
Maybe you can argue with some but not all, I don't think you can argue that the 2004 Arsenal side was better than a team that thrashed Real Madrid 4-0 en route to a treble.

It's early in the season, I'm pretty sure we'll beat Liverpool as we've turned up for the big games, issue is after the next set of fixtures City could be top despite having had injuries and not at their 'final form' yet so if Arsenal don't go on a long winning run they are toast.

We haven't looked fluid all season and haven't had a great attacking threat aside from set pieces. So a lot to do and the decision not to buy another attacker is a puzzling one.
Like I've already told you, you've already lost the title you just don't know it yet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.