Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

I shouldn’t be by now, but I am continually astonished by the depth and breadth of Arsenal fans’ tandem gifts of a breathtaking lack of:

1) knowledge of the game
2) even a modicum of self-awareness

They’ve taken it to a mixed media art form.
It's not all Arsenal fans though, it's the tubes on social media. Look at that fucking Forest fan grifter for the Rags - he's not representative of Rags either, or the other nutters on social media.

I said there's an argument to be had that's all. For sure Pep is the GOAT so if you had him in charge of that invincibles team then lord only knows what would have happened because I hope it's not an argument that the invincibles team had some of the best players to ever play in the PL. Some of that team get into a best ever PL XI with Henry being the best player to play in England.
I'll start with the usual - respect your views :).

I don't really get people wanting to compare sides/individuals 20 years apart - just doesn't work for me it's apples vs oranges imho

The game changes and evolves quicker and quicker these days. Guardiolas teams would have been kicked to shit in 2004, the Arsenal team of that year would probably not have got away with some of the stuff they pulled back then now (that's not saying they didn't have great players btw)

I'd love to see some of the players from yesteryear playing on the carpets played on now - but we won't.

I'll accept 2004 Arsenal were very good, current City are also very good in a different way

Different rules though in terms of ref protection against fouls, thresholds for penalties and so on. Plus VAR. Plus quality of other teams. That's why it's so hard to make a direct comparison on a points basis and instead look at the quality of the players and base it on that.

Barcelona scored 87 points in Laliga in the 2009 season and that's the greatest club side there's ever been. Pretty sure they are better than last season's Arsenal team who scored 89 points!

Barca got 99 points in 2010 and 97 in 2011 btw yet those sides were inferior to the 2009 team
Different rules for penalties hahahaha

Forgetting the outrageous dive by Pires v Portsmouth

On a serious note. Be honest.

If you had the choice of being the invincibles and winning the title, or doing the (proper) Treble, which would you pick?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.