Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

I can’t remember who it was, but somebody recently said that it might be easier to win five in a row than four, as four had never been done before, now that monkey is off our back, the pressure is less.
Think that might have been truer last year. Winning 3-in-a-row was huge for us and doing the Treble at the same time. I think the pressure was off last year as we got the CL monkey off our back as well.

The mad thing is some were spinning it as a good point for them.

I and others with the same opinion knew it would give City a psychological advantage. City are relentless in the run-in and you need as much of a lead over the team as you can get. Arsenal trying to just hold what they had was a big mistake.
I said it at the time.

Think that might have been truer last year. Winning 3-in-a-row was huge for us and doing the Treble at the same time. I think the pressure was off last year as we got the CL monkey off our back as well.
I think the pressure to do 4 was immense, after the treble and that there is no pressure at all this year, I’m going to enjoy, that is until the inevitable run in lol. I think the CL would be the one this year I know I’ve always wanted the league but to get the CL again would be brilliant, it would put us one behind those rag bastards and I’ve always maintained we would get 3 before they won the league again.

I think the pressure to do 4 was immense, after the treble and that there is no pressure at all this year, I’m going to enjoy, that is until the inevitable run in lol. I think the CL would be the one this year I know I’ve always wanted the league but to get the CL again would be brilliant, it would put us one behind those rag bastards and I’ve always maintained we would get 3 before they won the league again.
With you on this. I'm not sure we can do the 5 ( imo squad too small, too many gamrs) but if we keep practicing penalties we might do OK in the Champs League. I'd LOVE us to win it again.

Rice was subbed off with cramp today. Say what you like about Rice but he's a super-fit player and an absolute machine and if he's going off with cramp in the 1st game of the season it doesn't bode well and I reckon we'll see a slew of Euros-related injuries pile up across the teams who had the most players at the tournament.

They're "closing in" on us according to the BBC. After one game. Against Wolves. A team that finished 14th last season. And then sold their best player and starting CB. When we haven't even played yet.

They never learn, do they?

Rice was subbed off with cramp today. Say what you like about Rice but he's a super-fit player and an absolute machine and if he's going off with cramp in the 1st game of the season it doesn't bode well and I reckon we'll see a slew of Euros-related injuries pile up across the teams who had the most players at the tournament.
That’s what you get, if you rush players back, after they’ve spent the summer playing for their country.

I very much doubt that we’ll see John, Kyle, Phil and Rodri at all today, and I’m almost 100% certain that none of them will start.

It’s only right that players have a proper break.

That’s what you get, if you rush players back, after they’ve spent the summer playing for their country.

It’s only right that players have a proper break.
No winter / christmas break this season either, bonkers especially after a summer of tournaments.

EPL: "If they die, they die!"

No winter / christmas break this season either, bonkers especially after a summer of tournaments.

EPL: "If they die, they die!"
I don't think they can fit one in with the fixture congestion.

The FA Cup plus the really big change - two extra CL/EL games to be played in January. Then more in February for the teams that finish 9th to 24th and must navigate a play-off.

It's all far too much for footballers, such an overload of work. It will get worse next summer too when the Club World Cup expands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.