Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Anyway, from a City perspective there's a 'hope they both lose' match tonight when Arsenal play the 'new' Dippers. I'll be watching, will be interesting to see their new style of playing.

Anyway, from a City perspective there's a 'hope they both lose' match tonight when Arsenal play the 'new' Dippers. I'll be watching, will be interesting to see their new style of playing.
It’s pre-season.

No one gives a fuck about results. Or, at least, they shouldn’t.

I won’t be staying up to watch it.

It’s pre-season.

No one gives a fuck about results. Or, at least, they shouldn’t.

I won’t be staying up to watch it.
No because you're a City fan! Just like I didn't stay up to watch the City/Barca match as an Arsenal fan.

But I'll watch it as I'm interested to see how the preparation is going. Some of our kids are doing well and one of them (Nwaneri) looks like he'll get some 1st team minutes this season so I'm keen to see how he goes tonight.

No because you're a City fan! Just like I didn't stay up to watch the City/Barca match as an Arsenal fan.

But I'll watch it as I'm interested to see how the preparation is going. Some of our kids are doing well and one of them (Nwaneri) looks like he'll get some 1st team minutes this season so I'm keen to see how he goes tonight.
Anyway, from a City perspective there's a 'hope they both lose' match tonight

If Real Madrid were in for Calafiori, where do you genuinely believe he would be playing next season?
Arsenal.

His dad's a big Arsenal fan and Calafiori also attended some Arsenal matches last season with his family. He's uploaded videos onto social media of him in with the Gooner fans in Jan this year against Palace.

I also don't think Real are the big draw for everyone. If you want to improve as a player and be part of a project I'd say you'd be better off at City or Arsenal. City because of the facilities and the GOAT coach, Arsenal again have the facilities but it's also an exciting project.

Real Madrid is the legend club but you're constantly in the spotlight, the fans can be absolute cocks, the media scrutiny is off the charts and the Presidents tend to be fruitcakes. It's not like Real have a financial advantage any more either.

And finally playing in the PL is what it's all about for some players.

I really don't think there's a lack of respect put on City's achievements. Certainly not from an Arsenal perspective - any interview with Arteta or the Arsenal players about City and they are clear that City is their benchmark and what they aspire to get to.

The Rags and Dippers will have a different view based on a different type of rivalry but City could get 114 points and those 2 clubs would still cast aspertions. My comment about City improving was that Arsenal will be better this season than last, so City will also need to be, not that City won't! I'd fully expect City to improve - in particular I think Gvardiol is going to be an absolute monster. In a way it's good that this situation exists as it forces the teams to keep getting better and improving. This isn't a farmer's league despite what some people say.
So you assume you will be even more fortunate with injuries and last minute (or 100th minute) goals than you were last season then. Other teams may also be a tad more defensive against you also. Plus Saka is getting well known for his lack of balance and affinity with that green stuff that matches are played on.

Still think these will be our main rivals and first result after ours I will look at.

An out and out quality number 9 would make it very close.

So you assume you will be even more fortunate with injuries and last minute (or 100th minute) goals than you were last season then
We were definitely fortunate with injuries, Arteta realises that hence the signings of Calafiori and just now Mikel Merino. Both provide options/cover in key areas. So on that side we'll be better. Teams already play low block against us (heck even City did at the Emirates) which is why I think we need a 'difference maker' - more on that later.

With that squad I think if City dip/stay the same as last season we win the league. If City get better we don't win it as the one thing lacking is that 'difference maker' player, the one who in a tight CL game gets a killer pass or goal to take a game. A KDB type player. Too many times we've had a ton of possession but looked toothless (Bayern away was a prime example) or have been unable to break through a midfield stranglehold (eg City away) and the opponent just waits for a mistake and takes it.

So that's what we need to sign. Either a forward who powers through from deep like a Gyokeres, or maybe a killer wide forward. Thing is there aren't many of those and they cost £££. But my understanding is we'll get one. Let's see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.