Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

If that does happen, and we then beat them the following week, that's a seven point gap (plus at least 6 of a GD). I know we've reeled in teams from further back, and they'd have a longer period to do it in. But that would be a challenge for anyone trying to keep pace with us.

FWIW, I think they'll beat Spurs on Sunday. Spurs are Spurs; their default setting is to be flaky. Arsenal will grind them down.
I agree.
It's all ifs, buts and maybes.
I remember we had a bad start in 2019/20 when the grief monkeys got off to a flyer and we never caught up.
It's the old school bert in me thinking we could blow it from a position of strength- if we found ourselves well ahead early on.

I agree.
I remember we had a bad start in 2019/20 when the grief monkeys got off to a flyer and we never caught up.
It's the old school bert in me thinking we could blow it from a position of strength- if we found ourselves well ahead early on.
also its falling for the media crap that anything is decided 5 games in, its just not and it never will be, you need min 15 games before things start falling into place

I agree.
We have an ‘All Blacks’ mentality......

.......Ruthless,Relentless,Remorseless.

Records & legacies are available to the club and this group of players....they’ll be ravenous to achieve them !!

also its falling for the media crap that anything is decided 5 games in, its just not and it never will be, you need min 15 games before things start falling into place
I agree.
All ifs and buts.
It's not how you start, it's how you finish.
Whenever we're behind though, media wankers claim it's the beginning of the end but when we're ahead bleat about how uncompetitive or unfair everything is.

I agree.
All ifs and buts.
It's not how you start, it's how you finish.
Whenever we're behind though, media wankers claim it's the beginning of the end but when we're ahead bleat about how uncompetitive or unfair everything is.
and the lesson from that story is ignore the media wankers, they spin so much im surprised they dont drill into the ground

We have an ‘All Blacks’ mentality......

.......Ruthless,Relentless,Remorseless.

Records & legacies are available to the club and this group of players....they’ll be ravenous to achieve them !!
I get the impression that the hunger is still there.
Personal observation of performances so far plus Pep has alluded to this.
Incredibly proud of what the club and this group in particular has achieved in recent years after putting up with years of shite.

We don't need validation from gobshite Rags, Dippers and media shills who claim everything ie "tainted".
What makes them think they're so important and that their opinions matter or that anyone connectedwith MCFC actually gives a flying fuck what they think?

If that does happen, and we then beat them the following week, that's a seven point gap (plus at least 6 of a GD). I know we've reeled in teams from further back, and they'd have a longer period to do it in. But that would be a challenge for anyone trying to keep pace with us.

FWIW, I think they'll beat Spurs on Sunday. Spurs are Spurs; their default setting is to be flaky. Arsenal will grind them down.
Right now if you offered me a win at Spurs, a defeat at Atalanta and a point at the Etihad I'd bite your hand off.

Still think we'll beat Spurs regardless as they'll negate any advantage they have in our midfield absences by playing a ridiculously high line and our defence will be hard to get through yet they'll always leave gaps at the back. Also it's not like we're bringing in garbage to replace him - we still have some decent options that will be enough against most teams. Against City perhaps not yet City had no Rodri when we beat you last season so it's swings and roundabouts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.