Arsenal v City (Community Shield) Post Match Thread

Good day in the pub, avoided the obvious and had £50 at 21/10 paying out £155.

It's all about Newcastle next week and not an FA fundraiser.

B\connellblue said:
Similar to 2 years ago. We won the title and didn't really strengthen. Fernandos fine but not much different than ferandiniho. This mangala saga has gone on way too long, should have pulled the plug ages ago and looked elsewhere. Players who should have been sold this summer, Milner,Boyata,nastastic,Garcia, are still here. Cabellero as I suspected isn't tall enough for the premier league (Given mark 2). Certainly Hart has fuck all to worry him. Jovetic has still much to prove for me . It's all very well saying it's pre season, a non event etc, That doesn't excuse the lack of effort and disinterested performances some of our players put in.

And most damning of all.
Who the fuck coaches the corner takers?. It gets worse!

That post made made me want to smash my laptop up.

birchwoodgingerste said:
We need to sort out our corner takers because they are dreadfull every time straight to the keeper.
I was going to say ''big bloody deal; we've been gash at corners for years''. But then I remembered hearing somewhere that we were the highest goalscorers from corners in the PL last season. On any given day, yes; we can be dreadful, hitting the first man first man or, conversely, overcooking the thing and it bending out past the far post for a goal kick. But can't that be said for most sides? Name me a side with a reputation for being good at corners these day in the PL? Apparently, it's us!

mcfc2607 said:
B\connellblue said:
Similar to 2 years ago. We won the title and didn't really strengthen. Fernandos fine but not much different than ferandiniho. This mangala saga has gone on way too long, should have pulled the plug ages ago and looked elsewhere. Players who should have been sold this summer, Milner,Boyata,nastastic,Garcia, are still here. Cabellero as I suspected isn't tall enough for the premier league (Given mark 2). Certainly Hart has fuck all to worry him. Jovetic has still much to prove for me . It's all very well saying it's pre season, a non event etc, That doesn't excuse the lack of effort and disinterested performances some of our players put in.

And most damning of all.
Who the fuck coaches the corner takers?. It gets worse!

That post made made me want to smash my laptop up.

Lol that post reminds me we still have idiots following City!

I can't imagine the drama if Pellegrini had done a Pulis and worn his track suit.

Seriously even by Bluemoon's VERY low tolerance for anything other than total perfection, the reactions by some of you are frankly pathetic.

Mister Appointment said:
I can't imagine the drama if Pellegrini had done a Pulis and worn his track suit.

Seriously even by Bluemoon's VERY low tolerance for anything other than total perfection, the reactions by some of you are frankly pathetic.

well said.

Eccles Blue said:
i8rags said:
As a club we were collectively very poor, from fans to players, I didn't go coz I thought it would be shite, I am embarrassed of myself, possibly the players think the same, either way collectively it was shite.

Excuse me?????? The fans were not collectively poor, and we put ourselves out to go to that match. Personally I didn't think for a makeshift team, that we played too badly, especially in the second half once we had the calming influence of Silva & Milner, and Toure went off. However for you to slag off fans who took the time and trouble to go while you sat at home being embarrassed is a bit flaming cheeky!!!

I don't for one minute he meant anyone who went
The fans who didn't were the object of ihis vent
And it gives the seat counters an open door to have a field day

i8rags said:
As a club we were collectively very poor, from fans to players, I didn't go coz I thought it would be shite, I am embarrassed of myself, possibly the players think the same, either way collectively it was shite.

Stop ballooning.

cibaman said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
Absolute sh*te in the first half especially - players couldn't be 'arsed' to run and track back when we lost possession. F*cking disgraceful to watch top pros getting paid a fortune put in such a lacklustre effort when we as fans pay a lot of Money to travel down and watch them .... I hope some of those players get a rocket up their arses!!!!

Also Nastasic looks like he has gone backwards on that performance, he looks like he has no confidence ....

Perhaps they put in a lacklustre performance because they've been working their socks off in pre season and carried some fatigue into the game?

You also have to bear in mind that Arsenal have a vital CL qualification tie coming up and will have tailored their pre season to ensure they're sharp at the start of the season. Something that might cost them later in the season

So what your saying is we've been working hard pre-season and Arsenal haven't so therefore our players are tired .... But at the same time you're saying Arsenal are further along than us in prep for CL qualifaction ... It sounds like a contradiction to me ....

Honestly some of our players the first 25-30 mins just didn't look like they could be arsed .... It got marginally better after that and Silva made a difference when he came on ....

Well wat can we say about today. First of all sorry for all te fans who went I'm glad I didn't. Also we had so many players out today it was gna be tough to beat an arsenal team at virtu full strenght. How boyata is still playing I don't know and a few other players who we all know about Richards Sinclair etc.. Arsenal fans giving it the biggen aswell wind ur neck in. City will be right up there this season hopefuly good win on Sunday against Newcastle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.