Arsenal v City (Community Shield) Post Match Thread

baildon blue said:
That midfield and defence today was complete shit .
I hope when the real thing starts next Sunday , where better .
And no way can we have the same back four . Because all four were terrible today .
I noticed Mick Owen was having a go at Willy all the time today .
I didn't think Willy was that bad .
Even the great Joe Hart wouldn't have saved any of those goals today .

Yep his quotes are so memorable

"I can't fault the keeper for any of the goals" followed by "if I was his Manager I would be disappointed with one or two of those goals" WTF!!!

baildon blue said:
And no way can we have the same back four . Because all four were terrible today .

I reckon Joe would have saved 2 of those .....my opinion

Wenger.. "manuel my good friend, we have important champions league play off games coming up. I want to give my team the best chance of qualifying for the group stage so will you agree to not playing your tough players kompany zabaleta fernandinho and demichellis? In return we won't put in any rash tackles."

Pellegrini... "arsene my friend. I agree and we will also go easy on your boys provided that for one day out of 365 you stop ranting on about the cost of my squad and ffp"

Wenger... "so this is a deal mon ami'

Pellegrini... "si".

The nearest we got to a bad challenge was for foot up from 2 players when clichy was injured, the secezney head butt on sinclair and when the young arsenal left back hurt his foot when he landed awkwardly after a clearance.

As a club we were collectively very poor, from fans to players, I didn't go coz I thought it would be shite, I am embarrassed of myself, possibly the players think the same, either way collectively it was shite.

mad zab said:
baildon blue said:

Yep his quotes are so memorable

"I can't fault the keeper for any of the goals" followed by "if I was his Manager I would be disappointed with one or two of those goals" WTF!!!
Owen a waste of space .
He was really happy we got beat easily today .
The thing is Mick we weren't that bothered about the amazing charity shield .
If you look at are team next week it will be miles better .

JCB001 said:
baildon blue said:

Really !!!!!!

birchwoodgingerste said:
We need to sort out our corner takers because they are dreadfull every time straight to the keeper.

Nasri took one in the first half which 3 passes later took us to the half way line!!!

JCB001 said:
baildon blue said:

Soz can't agree he would have......Joe is not at his strongest down to his left and the third was because of the deflection of Nastasic that BT completely ignored. No keeper would have saved the second.

i8rags said:
As a club we were collectively very poor, from fans to players, I didn't go coz I thought it would be shite, I am embarrassed of myself, possibly the players think the same, either way collectively it was shite.

Why are you embarrassed? I didn't go because I haven't the dosh to spend on a blown up friendly.

The embarrassment should come from those who believe it counts as a trophy and I include the one we won under Mancini.

Personally I would ditch it and the all those so called Super Cups.

i8rags said:

Excuse me?????? The fans were not collectively poor, and we put ourselves out to go to that match. Personally I didn't think, for a makeshift team, that we played too badly, especially in the second half once we had the calming influence of Silva & Milner, and Toure went off. However for you to slag off fans who took the time and trouble to go while you sat at home being embarrassed is a bit flaming cheeky!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.