Arsenal v City (Community Shield) Post Match Thread

LoveCity said:
Midfield 3 in all six City vs. Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea games this season for me or we're going to get overrun like today. Not sure yet whether we'll need a 3 against United or Spurs, but we may do. Midfield 2 is OK in many other games but today showed that against better opposition the extra midfielder against you hurts. Fernando behind a fully fit Yaya and Fernandinho will be a very strong midfield base.

Oh and selling my ticket for today's game was one of the best decisions I've made in a while. :-)

I agree that we should use those three in certain games but will Pellers?

Just seen the news and the deflection on their third. Still think Willy was probably too far out but it was a freak goal against the run of play in 2nd half and it killed the game.

I think Willy should have stopped the opening goal.

I hope with have an almost completely different defence at Newcastle with perhaps Clichy the only survivor, but in his normal position, although he might have done better on their first two.

Damien10 said:
How can anyone say Dzeko was a positive. He was playing with a balloon today. Jovetic is more of a threat and he actually moves. I would play Jovetic up by himself v Newcastle and go with a midfield three.
How can anything you say about Dzeko be taken seriously? Your posting history is littered with hateful posts towards him.

It was a glorified friendly as many of us sat at home or in the pub had been saying all along , sorry for our fans who wasted all that money for what was always going to be a non event , our first eleven is the best in the league , our next eleven not so good , this is something we all know and provided we get 8 or more of the first eleven out we will generally be ok , certainly today has no bearing on the league

That midfield and defence today was complete shit .
I hope when the real thing starts next Sunday , where better .
And no way can we have the same back four . Because all four were terrible today .
I noticed Mick Owen was having a go at Willy all the time today .
I didn't think Willy was that bad .
Even the great Joe Hart wouldn't have saved any of those goals today .

richards30 said:
LoveCity said:
Midfield 3 in all six City vs. Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea games this season for me or we're going to get overrun like today. Not sure yet whether we'll need a 3 against United or Spurs, but we may do. Midfield 2 is OK in many other games but today showed that against better opposition the extra midfielder against you hurts. Fernando behind a fully fit Yaya and Fernandinho will be a very strong midfield base.

Oh and selling my ticket for today's game was one of the best decisions I've made in a while. :-)

Said earlier in the thread that fernando behind yaya and Fernandihno is the only way it'll work.

For the big games it has to be a three in midfield and there are several combinations that will work, but Fernanado and/or Fernandhino have to be part of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.