Arsenal v City (Community Shield) Post Match Thread

onceabluealways said:
BUDTHEWISER said:
Revolver said:
Last pre season Arsenal beat us 3 -1 and today they had more first teamers out so the result is not the end of the world.

My concern is that we face tough opening fixtures and it would appear that a lot of our star players are not fit.
Who say's they're not fit?

Pellegrini

Is he ITK?

Revolver said:
BUDTHEWISER said:
Revolver said:
Last pre season Arsenal beat us 3 -1 and today they had more first teamers out so the result is not the end of the world.

My concern is that we face tough opening fixtures and it would appear that a lot of our star players are not fit.
Who say's they're not fit?

Perhaps I am mistaken but I thought I'd read / heard that they are not match fit. If they were fit they would have possibly played today.
Yeah I missed that sorry

Can't really tell if nastasic is actually a promising defender or just not very good

I hope the master plan works and the first team is ready to play next week. I would have been inclined to give them time on the pitch today.

It was nice to see Merlin back out there, but Yaya has to be a worry. He doesn't look all that fit, and strolling around wouldn't have helped today.

Again I will say, "Imagine being arsed about this game."

Lots of second stringers out there today, Arsenal had a full team and are much fitter because they have to be.

Was always going to be a win for them.

Several things we need to consider

Boyata is a liability
Navas is short of match fitness
Yaya is 'easing' himself back in
Nasty is short on confidence
Milner should stay
David needs rest
Willy could prove costly
Dzeko needs better service
Sami needs game time
Fernado is going to have a steep learning curve
Jovetic is not the finished article

id rather have lost than play zab,komp,aguero and risked any injury to them for the sake of this game, a month ago most of our players were tied up in the world cup games and needed that extra weeks rest

I am absolutely ok with every one writing city off and under estimating us,but once when it begins to matter really,when the league begins,i want to see all the players put a shift in and not appear to be bothered at the very least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.