Arsenal v City (Community Shield) Post Match Thread

You're talking fucking shit, Marvin. If you don't think that the quality of the team put out has a direct correlation with the performance and result then you aren't worth debating with.

leewill31 said:
The concern for the early part of the season is that the big guns aren't rested enough, not that they haven't played enough. I wish people would think a little.

nail on the head dave

Losing on that stage coupled with a couple of bad opening results in the League could damage confidence

bloody ell marvin thats some serious flapping going on there.
No it's not

I just don't think we should ignore or brush under the carpet this defeat

The fact remains that on that showing we are behind where we should be at this stage of pre-season. Yes, there are genuine reasons for that....the World Cup. So we should have been more switched on yesterday and we should have protected our back 4 tactically. We did neither

Having seen that game, and knowing that 8 of our players are not fully fit, I am not confident about our start to the season, and when I look around at where Chelsea and Arsenal are, I think I have good reason to believe that this League is going to be tougher than the last. The room for error is smaller than last season

Marvin said:
leewill31 said:
The concern for the early part of the season is that the big guns aren't rested enough, not that they haven't played enough. I wish people would think a little.

nail on the head dave

Losing on that stage coupled with a couple of bad opening results in the League could damage confidence

bloody ell marvin thats some serious flapping going on there.
No it's not

I just don't think we should ignore or brush under the carpet this defeat

The fact remains that on that showing we are behind where we should be at this stage of pre-season. Yes, there are genuine reasons for that....the World Cup. So we should have been more switched on yesterday and we should have protected our back 4 tactically. We did neither

Having seen that game, and knowing that 8 of our players are not fully fit, I am not confident about our start to the season, and when I look around at where Chelsea and Arsenal are, I think I have good reason to believe that this League is going to be tougher than the last. The room for error is smaller than last season

Lock yourself in a dark room and have a lie down

Didsbury Dave said:
You're talking fucking shit, Marvin. If you don't think that the quality of the team put out has a direct correlation with the performance and result then you aren't worth debating with.
Of course it is a factor

But we put out a weakened team and didn't work to make up for it

Were we playing to our potential yesterday? Not even close

karen7 said:
The result didn't really matter but the fact we had our best players sat in the stands in nice suits and not on the pitch even if just for 15 mins and our big players that were on the pitch not interested is what is worrying.We are not prepared to start away at newcastle,at home maybe it would be easier.All our rivals are more than ready and we are playing 2 of them in a couple of weeks time
Before anyone says stop flapping i'm not, just stating the facts as they are

I'm not sure that 15 mins on the pitch would have done them much good. Perhaps they had an intensive training session in the morning which would have been more beneficial?

The ones in the stand had 3-4 weeks off after the World Cup, before 2 weeks training prior to the PL start. They'd effectively been in training for 12 months prior to their break. They shouldn't really have lost that much fitness during the break.

If they were out in midseason for 3-4 weeks due to a minor injury they would normally be ready to go again after 2 weeks training. If they'd played in a country that had a mid winter break they'd be expected to return in that sort of time. I think MP is just being cautious about them playing on Sunday. We know that Aguero isn't fit, Kolarov will play so one of Zabaleta or Sagna will not. But I expect we'll put out a strong line up.

If the game was of no importance to MP and his plans then the fans should have been given fair warning.

It was a home match for Arsenal and a bloody expensive away match for City.

What with the trains not running on the West Coast main line and the awful weather from the remnants of Bertha our fans were brilliant yet again.

This match is a complete waste of time and unless played somewhere between the two qualifying teams is an expensive luxury for most.

I wonder if you are able to opt out if it does not fit in with your pre-season plans?

The one thing I would like are decent corners. Yesterday we didn't have that much areal fire power (missing Demi, Kompany for example) but our corners failed to get past the first man at times. It was too frustrating. And this has been occurring for a few years now. The only good corner during the match was Sinclairs.

Negredo09 said:
The one thing I would like are decent corners. Yesterday we didn't have that much areal fire power (missing Demi, Kompany for example) but our corners failed to get past the first man at times. It was too frustrating. And this has been occurring for a few years now. The only good corner during the match was Sinclairs.

yet we had the highest goals scored from corners last season....

leewill31 said:
Negredo09 said:

yet we had the highest goals scored from corners last season....
Nevertheless corners were woeful yesterday, and for a team that are normally so good, the comparison is therefore even more worthy of mention

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.