Arsenal v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Yeah was delighted to see johnno lay it off that well.

I've critisized him for being too selfish at times.that one pass to me showed him learning to step up a level.

Wasn't a great match today for the blues but it shows goes to show the depth we have in the squad and that one chance is all a top striker like Sergio needs, whether he's in form or not, provided by some great work from Edin and AJ. Thought Kolo and Savic looked pretty solid at the back all game and weren't really troubled, just lacked it in midfield a bit at times but no biggie!

Positives:
Much improved performance from Panti...(maybe likes to punch too much??)...with a couple of good saves...will be good for his confidence.

Zabaleta a reassuring presence at back...even up against a speed merchant in Ox-Chamberlain.

Dzeko: looked really hungry + never stopped running...did very well for our goal.

Negatives:
Nasri really struggled to impose himself on the game (like barry returning to Villa ??? ...or is that how he is playing at the moment ???)

Hargreaves: I know it would be great to see him back to his best...but the worry is that his game is so based around a high-tempo approach that he will never get there.Looked a mile off pushing for a first team spot to me.

AJ: a mixed bag...nice footwork + awareness to set up Aguero for the goal...but poor football intelligence with those short-corners in first half.
Fabianski had completely flapped at first corner...so why not put him under more pressure with similar delivery??

oakiecokie said:
zangatangring said:
DTeacher said:
Do you merely take turns in slagging different City players off, zangatangringading??

Seen loads of posts from you - nearly always negative about City players.

Who do you support?
I ignored you trying to avoid heated confrontation. Just because i state city players are doing badly when they are doesn't make me a hater. I have nothing but adulation for AJ tonight. Just don't go there.

-- Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:45 pm --

JGL07 said:
Hargreaves didn't play against Wolves.

No wonder he did nothng!

Good one. Although he did play wolves in the carling cup this season. Scored a curler.

Are you just fucking wumming soft arse,as you clearly have NOT seen the goal Hargreaves scored.
Not a bender at all,it was a 25 yard screamer that zipped into the top corner.
Fucking wum somewhere else !!

And it was not against Wolves, it was against Birmingham.

Hargreaves was injured for the Wolves match. The goals against Wolves were scored by Dzeko (2), Johnson, Nasri and an own goal.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
No24 looked solid at the back but is useless at going forward, Micah and Zaba way ahead of him.

We really could have done something with that Oxlade-Chamberlain, strange how we never went for him.
We did. Didn't you see him playing for our reserves tonight? ;)

Ric said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Mancini - ohhh said:
Watchin the game i thought it was tactical. He didnt seem injured to me...

But Mancini said after the game that it was an injury though he didnt know what exactly it was even though they knew about it before the game..

Sounded fishy to me hence my pondering..
A few minutes earlier he'd been running back tracking an Arsenal player and he didn't look right then. Said to my lad that he looks like he's struggling so wasn't too surprised to see him come off.

He definitely pulled up early in the first half and didn't look comfortable.
I'm watching it again now and yeah he does pull up a couple of times.

As said in another thread, both teams played football as it should be played, By that I mean no diving, no dirty tackling and got stuck in. Ref did well to let them get on with as there was some good old fashioned tussles which some officials would have blown for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.