Arsenal v City Post Match Discussion Thread

I'm really happy with that win. Probably a lot happier than other fans may expect.

We've progressed to our third semi-final in the past 3 seasons with a team which was affected by 10 changes from our last Premier League game. Not forgetting we played against and beat Arsenal, away, who have historically done well in this competition with their promising players.

I'm overjoyed. Savic, Toure and Nedum were all excellent considering how little they have played. Zabaleta was absolutely outstanding and got nowhere near enough praise from Sky for the way he handled Chamberlain and for his unbelievable work rate. Johnson played well in patches but he worked hard which was more important to see tonight. He may start on Saturday for that. Dzeko did quite well but wasn't MOTM for me, should've been Zaba. Mention for Pantilimon as well who deserved his clean sheet. Superb.

I'm delighted.

mackenzie said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
Arse fans going mad on their forums saying that they will beat us home and away in the prem and that Mancini is scared of their attacking flair. I kid you not f*cking LOL
Really?
Lol!!!

lmao, I love the fact that they are saying they played their kids yet they started, Fabianski, Koscielny, Squillaci, Djourou, Benayoun and Chamakh.

Good atmosphere in block 26. Crowd are set back from the pitch at Emirates and fans quite spread out from one side to the other. All the Arse fans could come up with at the end was Thursday nights, Channel 5. If we beat Bayern and Villarreal hold Napoli the rest of the country will go into meltdown!

mackenzie said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
Arse fans going mad on their forums saying that they will beat us home and away in the prem and that Mancini is scared of their attacking flair. I kid you not f*cking LOL
Really?
Lol!!!

It was the same last year. What is their problem?!

Pam said:
Lots of posh, act hard, wankers amongst their support. I bumped into about 5 on the tube on the way home, telling everyone who would listen that they'd "sooner have united fans than these manc c*nts", as united fans have "class"......ffs I kid you not.

They had a special banner for us "You can't buy class", well our winner suggests otherwise....

They can fuck off.

First win at Arse away since 1975. I did not know this.

cleavers said:
Pam said:
Lots of posh, act hard, wankers amongst their support. I bumped into about 5 on the tube on the way home, telling everyone who would listen that they'd "sooner have united fans than these manc c*nts", as united fans have "class"......ffs I kid you not.

They had a special banner for us "You can't buy class", well our winner suggests otherwise....

i fucking loathe arsenal fans.

and they must have about 3 songs all together, which are all shit.

Has anyone mentioned the usual one sided refereeing ? If we must play against 12 every week they could be more subtle about some of it.

My match ratings

Pantillimon - 7
Zaba - 8
Onouha - 8
Kolo - 7
Savic - 6
Nasri - 6
Kolorov - 4
Johnson - 5 (ok 6 for his contribution for the goal)
De Jong - 6
Hargreaves - 5
Dzeko - 7

Aguero - 6

Not a great performance, but its my first ever watching us away at Arsenal (as it will be for many blues there tonight, so very pleasing.

Class winner though.

cleavers said:
Has anyone mentioned the usual one sided refereeing ? If we must play against 12 every week they could be more subtle about some of it.

My match ratings

Pantillimon - 7
Zaba - 8
Onouha - 8
Kolo - 7
Savic - 6
Nasri - 6
Kolorov - 4
Johnson - 5 (ok 6 for his contribution for the goal)
De Jong - 6
Hargreaves - 5
Dzeko - 7

Aguero - 6

Not a great performance, but its my first ever watching us away at Arsenal (as it will be for many blues there tonight, so very pleasing.

Class winner though.

Pantillimon - 8 (did everything that was asked and made some great saves)
Zaba - 8
Onouha - 6
Kolo - 7
Savic - 8 (thought he looked great)
Nasri - 5
Kolorov - 7 (thought he was having a good game until he went off)
Johnson - 7 (like redknapp the wanker said, he wasn't given it enough)
De Jong - 5
Hargreaves - 6
Dzeko - 8

Aguero - 6 (would be five, had he not scored.)

MOTM - panti, zab and dzeko can fight over it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.