Arsenal v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Savic is going to be inconsistent. He was skinned by Chamakh FFS. Still he looked solid positionally elsewhere. Bobby will turn him into a real star.

HorshamBlue said:
Dzeko's run and defence-splitting pass, Johnson's dinking lay-off - both worthy of David Silva!

The only decent link play from us all night.Defence were great for us.Always thought the first goal would prove to be the winner and that superb break was worthy of winning any match.

FogBlueInSanFran said:
Andouble said:
n_mcfc said:
I'm really happy with that win. Probably a lot happier than other fans may expect.

We've progressed to our third semi-final in the past 3 seasons with a team which was affected by 10 changes from our last Premier League game. Not forgetting we played against and beat Arsenal, away, who have historically done well in this competition with their promising players.

I'm overjoyed. Savic, Toure and Nedum were all excellent considering how little they have played. Zabaleta was absolutely outstanding and got nowhere near enough praise from Sky for the way he handled Chamberlain and for his unbelievable work rate. Johnson played well in patches but he worked hard which was more important to see tonight. He may start on Saturday for that. Dzeko did quite well but wasn't MOTM for me, should've been Zaba. Mention for Pantilimon as well who deserved his clean sheet. Superb.

I'm delighted.
agreed, one of the more satisfying wins of the entire season for me.

Completely agree. I'm surprised folks aren't a little happier. Of course City looked a bit ragged -- this is squad 2; how often has Mancini knitted them together, and on a big stage, on the road? Ball control actually improved as the game went on I thought.

Zaba was everywhere, I also think he was MOTM, but Savic played an outstanding game too -- never got turned and slotted a couple of beauties forward the few times he moved higher up the pitch. Kolo also, and Pants (great first save that a guy only 6'7" doesn't make).

Very satisfying.

Completely agree + 1.

Carling Cup Semi-Finals draw: Wednesday, 30 November following live TV game

Tuesday, 3 January 2012
PL: Man City v Liverpool, 20:00

w/c 9 January 2012
Carling Cup Semi Final 1

Monday, 16 January 2012
PL: Wigan v Man City, 20:00

Sunday, 22 January 2012
PL: Man City v Tottenham, 13:30

w/c 23 January 2012
Carling Cup Semi Final 2

Wednesday, 1 February 2012
PL: Everton v Man City, 20:00

Saturday, 4 February 2012
PL: Man City v Fulham, 15:00

Saturday, 11 February 2012
PL: Aston Villa v Man City, 15:00

Thursday, 16 February 2012
EL: Round of 32 1

14-22 February 2012
CL: Round of 16 1

Thursday, 23 February 2012
EL: Round of 32 2

Saturday, 25 February 2012
PL: Man City v Blackburn, 15:00

Carling Cup Final: Sunday, 26 February 2012

That Blackburn game will have to be shifted ;o)

Would love Cardiff - or Palace - for the two games, but fear that's already rigged for United and the way to the silverware will be via both Liverpool (3 games in 3 weeks!) and United. Shame it's *only* the League Cup.

Even I am bosnian for me MOTM is Costel Pantilimon , cause if he conceded 2 goal on the start , which saved extremly good. City wouldn't have any chance to came back in to the match.... Dzeko played good , he was trying to make the best out of an very poor game.. And after Pantilimon the best player of the match...

I am largely dissapointed of Sergio , except the goal he didnt do anything. And ZABALETA MOTM??? Please be realistic this chamberlain did make him look like a little kid , he was just runing after him , for me zabaleta one of the poorest player on the pitch also... A good game by Nigel De Jong , always give his maximum and Kolo Toure...

After the Calamity Jane antics of Kompany and Lescott between them in the past few matches, it was most satisfying to get a clean sheet and see our whole back four defend so well. Big Kudos to Kolo and Panti especially. We didn't play great football all the time but certain aspects of the game were actually really encouraging. And of course we won :-)

Kolarov i think he was injured i saw in the first few minutes that he wasn't running good.. if he wasn't injured than no excuses... he simply was bad.... even after dzeko one of my favourite players in City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.