Arsenal v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Manchester_City_Blue said:
mackenzie said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
Arse fans going mad on their forums saying that they will beat us home and away in the prem and that Mancini is scared of their attacking flair. I kid you not f*cking LOL
Really?
Lol!!!

lmao, I love the fact that they are saying they played their kids yet they started, Fabianski, Koscielny, Squillaci, Djourou, Benayoun and Chamakh.

I don't get that..how do they think they will beat us based purely on last night's match...When we play them again, we will be putting our first team, and will be giving them a hell of a fight..I, myself, am optimistic enough for a win against them, both home and away...
The only players that they have worth mentioning is Van Persie, and to a lesser extent Walcott and Gervinho, they being the primary suppliers of the ball to Van Persie. I don't think their defense will be able to hold off our attacking forwards for too long..

btw, has anyone read the DM match report for the this game? You can clearly see that the article was written by a Arse fan bitter at losing to us..every second statement refers to our financial might versus the astuteness of Wenger in buying players, and that the Arse players were like warriors who fought till their last breath against the evil empire, and ultimately lost...so much for objectivity, eh?

Andouble said:
n_mcfc said:
I'm really happy with that win. Probably a lot happier than other fans may expect.

We've progressed to our third semi-final in the past 3 seasons with a team which was affected by 10 changes from our last Premier League game. Not forgetting we played against and beat Arsenal, away, who have historically done well in this competition with their promising players.

I'm overjoyed. Savic, Toure and Nedum were all excellent considering how little they have played. Zabaleta was absolutely outstanding and got nowhere near enough praise from Sky for the way he handled Chamberlain and for his unbelievable work rate. Johnson played well in patches but he worked hard which was more important to see tonight. He may start on Saturday for that. Dzeko did quite well but wasn't MOTM for me, should've been Zaba. Mention for Pantilimon as well who deserved his clean sheet. Superb.

I'm delighted.
agreed, one of the more satisfying wins of the entire season for me.

Completely agree. I'm surprised folks aren't a little happier. Of course City looked a bit ragged -- this is squad 2; how often has Mancini knitted them together, and on a big stage, on the road? Ball control actually improved as the game went on I thought.

Zaba was everywhere, I also think he was MOTM, but Savic played an outstanding game too -- never got turned and slotted a couple of beauties forward the few times he moved higher up the pitch. Kolo also, and Pants (great first save that a guy only 6'7" doesn't make).

Very satisfying.

Savic looked better on the left side of defence than he did on the right against QPR.

royle said:
Savic looked better on the left side of defence than he did on the right against QPR.
Savic was only bad against QPR because he was shat on in the air by a phyisically imposing player...Not because he was playing on the right side..This isn't football manager.

Jumanji said:
royle said:
Savic was only bad against QPR because he was shat on in the air by a phyisically imposing player...Not because he was playing on the right side..This isn't football manager.

Most central defenders have favoured sides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.