Arsenal v City Post Match Discussion Thread

n_mcfc said:
I'm really happy with that win. Probably a lot happier than other fans may expect.

We've progressed to our third semi-final in the past 3 seasons with a team which was affected by 10 changes from our last Premier League game. Not forgetting we played against and beat Arsenal, away, who have historically done well in this competition with their promising players.

I'm overjoyed. Savic, Toure and Nedum were all excellent considering how little they have played. Zabaleta was absolutely outstanding and got nowhere near enough praise from Sky for the way he handled Chamberlain and for his unbelievable work rate. Johnson played well in patches but he worked hard which was more important to see tonight. He may start on Saturday for that. Dzeko did quite well but wasn't MOTM for me, should've been Zaba. Mention for Pantilimon as well who deserved his clean sheet. Superb.

I'm delighted.
agreed, one of the more satisfying wins of the entire season for me.

Andouble said:
n_mcfc said:
I'm really happy with that win. Probably a lot happier than other fans may expect.

We've progressed to our third semi-final in the past 3 seasons with a team which was affected by 10 changes from our last Premier League game. Not forgetting we played against and beat Arsenal, away, who have historically done well in this competition with their promising players.

I'm overjoyed. Savic, Toure and Nedum were all excellent considering how little they have played. Zabaleta was absolutely outstanding and got nowhere near enough praise from Sky for the way he handled Chamberlain and for his unbelievable work rate. Johnson played well in patches but he worked hard which was more important to see tonight. He may start on Saturday for that. Dzeko did quite well but wasn't MOTM for me, should've been Zaba. Mention for Pantilimon as well who deserved his clean sheet. Superb.

I'm delighted.
agreed, one of the more satisfying wins of the entire season for me.

yep, nice to getting one over those dick head arse fans.

Was great coming out of the ground. There were 3 blues surrounded by hundreds of Arsenal fans waiting for the police to let us onto the road to go to Highbury and Islington. We were getting the 'Nasri you're a ****' and the 'you've got no history' bollocks, and I gave it back with "you lost 8-2, we beat them 6-1" and the Nasri song. Went mental when we scored, loved it.

Halfpenny said:
Was great coming out of the ground. There were 3 blues surrounded by hundreds of Arsenal fans waiting for the police to let us onto the road to go to Highbury and Islington. We were getting the 'Nasri you're a ****' and the 'you've got no history' bollocks, and I gave it back with "you lost 8-2, we beat them 6-1" and the Nasri song. Went mental when we scored, loved it.

"you've got no history" always makes me laugh....

where the fuck did my grandad go every saturday afternoon then?

ban-mcfc said:
Halfpenny said:

Thing is we've got plenty of future, so I just smile every time I hear it.

cleavers said:
ban-mcfc said:
Halfpenny said:

Thing is we've got plenty of future, so I just smile every time I hear it.
Said that myself.

Just got home ,had a great day,great win the place went mental for sure when we scored,thought the arsenal fans were great after the game no trouble at highbury station at all,good fans from a good club,it must be hard for them to stomach but a superb turn out from us,so much for fans just point collecting and not turning up.

Halfpenny said:
"I gave it back with "you lost 8-2, we beat them 6-1"
And that Sir, is how you win an argument.<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:56 pm --<br /><br />I was all calm for today's match, I kinda prepared myself for exiting the competition. I felt not much emotion, but when Aguero scored I lost my marbles!

Roll on... God, i love City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.