Arsenal v City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
How anyone can think Balotelli deserves a start at arsenal is beyond me
Mancini probably will, he won't let go of Balo. Tevez must start. Bit of a toss up between Dzeko and Balo.

Balotelli's performance against Arsenal in the corresponding fixture last season was terrible and he didn't cover himself with glory in the derby. Every time you think he has a point to prove he fails to do so. That said, I think he would expose Metersacker's lack of pace.
Milner and Barry must start and Tevez should be detailed to interrupt Wilshere as he picks the ball up from the Arsenal defence. With our squad Aguero's injury should not be disastrous - but it is.

I'm thinking the main reason Mancini didn't cut ties with mario altogether after their training session tiff was the Arsenal game. On balance, he calculated that it was marginally better to have a violent uncontrollable unmotivated arsonist on the bench than have no replacement striker at all.
This really could be mario's last chance - so if he plays, let's hope he does better than last season

Im confident we can get a win against Arsenal.

Dzeko is in form and he must start this match.

Hart
Zaba
Kompany
Clichy

Barry
Garcia

Silva
Tevez
Milner

Dzeko

Unfortunately the gap in points between us and the rags means that for now , at least , EVERY league game is 'must win' ...... we simply can't afford not to, if we are ever to have a hope of catchin' them up.

But winning at the Emirates certainly is gonna be very difficult ...... i was present at our last league win at Arsenal 37 years ago , and it wasn't easy then , and this game will be just as tough.

But sides like Swansea have won there , and so must we ..... and i'd feel much more positive about our prospects if we had a full compliment of players to try and do it with !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.