Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the end of the day, a trophy is a trophy and I'm pretty sure we'll have the strongest side out we can. Looking forward to it.

I, for one, will be really disappointed if we don't win. Glorified friendly or not, winning the Charity Shield is a great way to start the season - it's televised, it's the curtain-raiser, everyone's watching, and the momentum of a win will carry on into the first weekend proper.

Defence is a worry, reckon we'll see Vince for 45 mins tops, and MDM not at all, so it'll be some combo of Dedryck, Rekik and Nasty (although the latter might be left out pending a sale....). How do you think l'Arse'll line up? The last friendly they took the field thusly:

_____________Szezcszczshney
Debuch_____Kosc_____Chambers_____Monreal
____________Wils_______Arteta
Ramsey________Cazorla_______Sanchez (Ooh!)
_______________Giroud

You really don't want an out of position Clichy looking after Sanchez, but apart from that they're not really a terrifying prospect. Proper test for Fernando, though, too...

Eccles Blue said:
rushts said:
Ok, i'll be honest, i haven't got a clue.
Hart or Willy?
Is everyone back now?
Who's match fit, who isn't?
Will Lamps play?

Over to you guys. What/who do you think the squad will be come Sunday?

Humour alert!!!

Strangely enough I thought I might leave it to the Manager, Mr Pellegrini, to make the team selection!! I thought that's what we paid him for. :-)

Sarky f*cker ;-)

I can't see the Pellers viewing this as just anothe friendly and using it to improve fitness, nor can I see him thinking it's a trophy and he really needs to go all out and win it.

He won't want injuries or other issues, but it's an ideal chance to test the squad in a more competetive environment than a basic friendly. I expect it to be near the tempo and 'bite' of a real match, but still a chance to give plenty of players a run out and test themselves, partnerships, etc.

No doubt he'll now prove me wrong!

Wenger has confirmed that his World Cup winners won't be back for Sunday, so that's Ozil, Podolski and Mertesacker out.

Szczesny
Debuchy - Chambers - Koscielny - Gibbs
Flaimini - Wilshere
Sanchez - Ramsey - Santi Cazorla
Giroud

Ospina, Monreal, Vermaelen, Arteta, Rosicky, Walcott, Sanogo

It should be a open game on Sunday. I think trying to pick a starting 11 is very hard. Depending on fitness levels we need to be ready for next Sunday so the weekend game will be open but I am not too concerned about this Sunday. Players still need game time. How many subs is alouded for the game?

My team
Hart
Kolarov
Nasty
Kompany ( 45 to 60 mins )
Richards
Fernando
Yaya
Nasri
Silva
Jovetic
Dzeko.

Subs
Willy ( 2nd half )
Sagna ( 2nd half )
Milner
Sinclair
Rekik ( on for Kompany )
MDM ( On for Nasty )
1 forward to be added.

Striker and midfield pick themselves considering who is fit and has/hasn't had a full pre-season. RB and CB positions look concerning as only Nastasic has had a pre-season in those positions (Manuel clearly doesn't trust Richards).

I would be interested to see Manuel's pick, but here's mine anyways (presuming some of returning players are fit!):

---------------------------Hart---------------------------
Zaba------Kompany-----Nastasic------Kolarov (if Zaba or Sagna isn't fit then either Richards or Clichy, if Vinnie/Demi isn't fit then I have no clue)
---------------Fernando--------Yaya-----------------
Navas--------------------------------Nasri------------
-------------------------Jovetic--------------------------
-------------------------Dzeko---------------------------

Silva and hopefully Kun Aguero to come on at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.