Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with Richards if we want to try and move him on then playing him this weekend is a good idea and hopefully he plays well and someone comes in to sign him up. So some will be playing with a few of moving them on and off the wage bill. Time will tell but I get the feeling this season is going to be the best yet at City if we keep everyone fit.

Clichy will play right back in my opinion, he looked very good there during pre-season and looks more of an attacking threat from that side.

I respect Richards but I fear if he plays alongside Boyata and Nastasic we will get battered.

Boyata and Nastasic playing together does worry me, Sanchez and Giroud will have a field day if they see those two partnered together if you ask me, but what can you do, Vinny and MDM are not fit enough yet and Mangala isn't even signed up.

lewis 93:20 said:
Striker and midfield pick themselves considering who is fit and has/hasn't had a full pre-season. RB and CB positions look concerning as only Nastasic has had a pre-season in those positions (Manuel clearly doesn't trust Richards).

I would be interested to see Manuel's pick, but here's mine anyways (presuming some of returning players are fit!):

---------------------------Hart---------------------------
Zaba------Kompany-----Nastasic------Kolarov (if Zaba or Sagna isn't fit then either Richards or Clichy, if Vinnie/Demi isn't fit then I have no clue)
---------------Fernando--------Yaya-----------------
Navas--------------------------------Nasri------------
-------------------------Jovetic--------------------------
-------------------------Dzeko---------------------------

Silva and hopefully Kun Aguero to come on at some point.

MP has already said that those involved in quarters of the World Cup onwards won't be playing against Arse and may not start the season.

Wouldn't even try to guess the line up!

akcity said:
lewis 93:20 said:
Striker and midfield pick themselves considering who is fit and has/hasn't had a full pre-season. RB and CB positions look concerning as only Nastasic has had a pre-season in those positions (Manuel clearly doesn't trust Richards).

I would be interested to see Manuel's pick, but here's mine anyways (presuming some of returning players are fit!):

---------------------------Hart---------------------------
Zaba------Kompany-----Nastasic------Kolarov (if Zaba or Sagna isn't fit then either Richards or Clichy, if Vinnie/Demi isn't fit then I have no clue)
---------------Fernando--------Yaya-----------------
Navas--------------------------------Nasri------------
-------------------------Jovetic--------------------------
-------------------------Dzeko---------------------------

Silva and hopefully Kun Aguero to come on at some point.

MP has already said that those involved in quarters of the World Cup onwards won't be playing against Arse and may not start the season.

Wouldn't even try to guess the line up!

When did he say that?

This is going to be Dzekos best season starting on Sunday , he is going to rip arse a new one

I am going back into doom mode here but I really do worry about Boyata and Nastasic against Sanchez, Ox and Giroud, there is no way we will keep a clean sheet, in fact i can see them scoring at least 2 against those two.

It could be an entertaining high scoring match this.

sam-caddick said:
I am going back into doom mode here but I really do worry about Boyata and Nastasic against Sanchez, Ox and Giroud, there is no way we will keep a clean sheet, in fact i can see them scoring at least 2 against those two.

It could be an entertaining high scoring match this.
its a bleak world you live in Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.