Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
chris85mcfc said:
karen7 said:
chris85mcfc said:
There goes the classic 'Nasri never plays well against (insert club)' myth

Show me when he did then,last season he did not

You're right, he was utter garbage against them at home in the 6 - 3 win

Only managing to create a shed load of chances before getting hauled off in the 90th minute

Well then that is all you needed to say,i did not say or think he is garbage
He didn't play well at their place for sure

karen7 said:
chris85mcfc said:
karen7 said:
Show me when he did then,last season he did not

Only managing to create a shed load of chances before getting hauled off in the 90th minute

So he had a poor game at Arsenal, along with the rest of the team, therefore he should be left out despite having a relatively decent break over the summer and plenty of games in pre season

And lets not even mention his performances in the last few games of last season, or the league cup final

Last season was his best season yet for us and was one of our best players, but for some reason he still has people questioning him

chris85mcfc said:
karen7 said:
chris85mcfc said:

So he had a poor game at Arsenal, along with the rest of the team, therefore he should be left out despite having a relatively decent break over the summer and plenty of games in pre season

And lets not even mention his performances in the last few games of last season, or the league cup final

Last season was his best season yet for us and was one of our best players, but for some reason he still has people questioning him

Jesus calm down
I think he is great and am glad he is staying
Some players don't play to their best against their old teams, some do,i just feel he is the former
You are right he is fit and ready to go so lets see

I'm assuming everyone's seen the Pellegrini quote that none of the returning international's from Monday will play on Sunday.

We'll still have a more than capable team out but any defence with Boyata in it will look shite.

With Nastasic and Garcia allegedly the subjects of moves away from the club, I suspect we'll have Boyata and Rekik at centre back. It's going to be a 10 goal thriller. Not sure if we'll win 6-4 or lose 10-0 haha!

Rekik is ready and it depends which Derek turns up, Fernando will help them through as we see his value just in front of the two of them. Either way, we have too much for Arseful going forwards (IMO of course)

What's the point in playing the players who have had a full pre season and leaving out the ones who are desperate for game time.

I doubt very much that Sagna or Demichelis etc aren't fit enough to play 45 mins. It's only been a month since the world cup, and they're professionals.

It seems a very backward way of thinking to me. Play the players who don't need game time as much, and leave out those who do. It's the last chance of a pre season game for these players.

Weird.

I am paraphrasing, but I think it was actually Wenger who said that it was his preference to rest players after a world cup in order to give them enough rest between competitions to A) allow proper healing time, and B) give them enough of a break so they are hungry to play again. I can see the reasoning behind that.

Adebayor said:
What's the point in playing the players who have had a full pre season and leaving out the ones who are desperate for game time.

I doubt very much that Sagna or Demichelis etc aren't fit enough to play 45 mins. It's only been a month since the world cup, and they're professionals.

It seems a very backward way of thinking to me. Play the players who don't need game time as much, and leave out those who do. It's the last chance of a pre season game for these players.

Weird.

Its weird to want to rest players who have played top flight football two games a week for 12 months solid..?

First of all they might not be tactically up to speed.. If he has been doing different build ups.. Or defensive systems..

Second, the body needs time to recover.. Little niggles that keep you out for a week or two can be avoided just with rest.. Sergio needs a few weeks with his feet up..knompany had a recurring injury last season.. All strains and pulls.. Simple cure, rest.. You can use them now and have potential issues all season.. Or be pragmatic.. Struggle a little at the start knowing when it gets tough and the big games come twice a week, the big players are injury free.

I think Pellegrini is viewing the Community Shield as a trophy so he won't risk playing unfit players, he will want the fittest and most in form available to him.

I do fear for our defence though, as a partnership I would argue that Boyata and Nastasic together isn't even Premier League quality and the thought of Sanchez etc... running at them is worrying.

I still think we will create chances but to win the match we need a decent defense being put out, maybe we should go three in midfield and add Zuculini to Yaya and Fernando.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.