Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably going to see

Hart
Clichy Boyata Nasty Kolarov
Yaya Fernando
Navas Jovetic Nasri
Dzeko

Can't see us getting a win with that back line but hopefully I'm wrong!

i reckon team will be

Clichy Nast Boyata Kolarov
Navas Fernando Toure Nasri
Dzeko Jovetic

Don't buy into this rest crap at all. The world cup finished weeks ago.
He's playing a very dangerous game if he is delaying playing our gun players and over resting them in the first few weeks.

With our horrendous run of fixtures at the start he is inviting pressure on the team and pressure on himself.

sam-caddick said:
The Pope said:
Im not looking forward to this game - I think we will lose - and strangely im not very positive about the season either !
Lindow Man will get the rags playing so I see a top 3 place nailed on for them, chelsea have bought some amazing players, arse have a true destroyer in sanchez, liverpool - well i hope they do a utd like last season tbh, Everton have strenghtened..

I know we have an amazing team and im really happy about our signings but.. i dunno really my only concern is that we havent signed a "bomb" of a player, someone who can shake things up and cause instant damage i.e. sanchez.
I just think a big player coming in gets everyone excited including the players.

Well we'll see, probably just the old skool negative City fan in me coming out!

Come on MCFC!

Jovetic will be our bomb player.

If we can score close to the same number of goals as last season but concede 10 less we will be hard to beat to the title.

Agree with Jovetic. Imagine him with a fully fit Aguero.

2nd best defence last season. Add in Fernando & Mangala and we are even stronger.

I'm looking forward to the new season and very happy with our squad.

I think it will be a very hard came with the Tarquinius coming out on top, I predict 3-2. However lets not forget it's only a friendly as for our campaign this season I think that this will be our best season yet and we will win the league with ease.

CTID

BLUEMATT23 said:
Don't buy into this rest crap at all. The world cup finished weeks ago.
He's playing a very dangerous game if he is delaying playing our gun players and over resting them in the first few weeks.

With our horrendous run of fixtures at the start he is inviting pressure on the team and pressure on himself.

I agree with this. If we are not careful it will be a repeat of the early games last season, with us scoring for fun but leaking goals like a sieve. It took Pellegrini quite a time to learn his lesson and change the system, and despite protestations to the contrary, it was pretty obvious he underestimated the quality of many of our opponents.

These were hard lessons learned and very nearly cost us the league. Let's hope we don't have to learn the same lessons all over again. At the moment it's looking like we may well.

don't think we have to worry about defence too much - we will just score more goals than them. I predict 4-3.
I reckon this will be the recording breaking season, highest goals and highest points, with the FA cup as well. Only disappointment will be Champions league semis! - A f.....g bassing season. Role on next May

In terms of prestige of course I want City to win it but with all pre season friendlies even though this one might have a bite to it I won't be too upset if we lose, provided I can see that the lads have at least tried. I think last season we got dicked 3-0 by Arsenal in Asia but that result go against us when it came to prem league.

Rammyblues said:
In terms of prestige of course I want City to win it but with all pre season friendlies even though this one might have a bite to it I won't be too upset if we lose, provided I can see that the lads have at least tried. I think last season we got dicked 3-0 by Arsenal in Asia but that result go against us when it came to prem league.

It was August 10th too and was 3 - 1 in Helsinki I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.