Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
when are you miserable feckers going to show some faith in your team...we are better than Arsenal & will win comfortably.

Think we have enough all round quality to contain an arsenal squad devoid of their german trio plus a few others

Agree about boyata though, decent enough for cup games against static sides but not this game.

prone to over-react after making a mistake

would have liked to see lampard get some game time

think we will concede first but go on to win 3-1

very optimistic

I can feel a looooong, loooooong, moaning season coming on if this thread is owt to go by!! Have faith, trust the Charming Man. As I said, jokingly, in another context, that's what we pay him for. The lads will win for us, have no doubts.

ballinio said:
when are you miserable feckers going to show some faith in your team...we are better than Arsenal & will win comfortably.

Going forward we should have enough to cause problems and get a goal or two, defensively a partnership of Boyata and Nastasic is average though and could potentially cost us the game.

I would play three in midfield personally, playing a two man midfield with our current defense will get torn apart relentlessly by Sanchez and co.

I think we could be in for some entertainment though as I think this match could be high scoring.

sam-caddick said:
ballinio said:

Going forward we should have enough to cause problems and get a goal or two, defensively a partnership of Boyata and Nastasic is average though and could potentially cost us the game.

I would play three in midfield personally, playing a two man midfield with our current defense will get torn apart relentlessly by Sanchez and co.

I think we could be in for some entertainment though as I think this match could be high scoring.
we`ll play 4 in midfield & arsenal wont be tearing anybody apart let alone The Champions.

I can see us losing this with so many supposedly missing.arse will play a strong team.wenger will want to get one over us especially with his bitter comments re lampard and Sagna.we should be playing our big hitters in this game to get the confidence and fitness going for Newcastle.

simon31goat said:
I can see us losing this with so many supposedly missing.arse will play a strong team.wenger will want to get one over us especially with his bitter comments re lampard and Sagna.we should be playing our big hitters in this game to get the confidence and fitness going for Newcastle.
wenger is a loudmouthed wanker, his team is full of spineless shithouses. we have nothing to worry about.

The Pope said:
Im not looking forward to this game - I think we will lose - and strangely im not very positive about the season either !
Lindow Man will get the rags playing so I see a top 3 place nailed on for them, chelsea have bought some amazing players, arse have a true destroyer in sanchez, liverpool - well i hope they do a utd like last season tbh, Everton have strenghtened..
We're the only team who can field two strong sides, let that sink in before you panic. Chelsea have bought well but they've also had an unnecessary cull at the back having sold Luiz & Cole and loaned Kalas out. Think they can last the entire season on Terry, Cahill and Zouma? I don't. United are lacking depth, as are Liverpool, Arsenal too. Everton haven't strengthened at all, as it stands their team is going to be exactly the same as last season with an improved Ross Barkley in midfield. That and Besic is not enough to trouble us. We'll be fine.

I know we have an amazing team and im really happy about our signings but.. i dunno really my only concern is that we havent signed a "bomb" of a player, someone who can shake things up and cause instant damage i.e. sanchez.
I just think a big player coming in gets everyone excited including the players.
Because we already possess several "bomb" players that other clubs could spend £1bn and never find. Kompany, Zabaleta, Yaya Toure, Silva and Aguero are players of entirely unique stature both in the game and at City which the clubs around us dream of having. Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, United, they all want our big 5. Could you think of 5 players out of those 4 clubs which you would dream of having for our first team? Maybe Hazard, Costa and Ozil at a push. We're good.

Well we'll see, probably just the old skool negative City fan in me coming out!
It is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.