Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bit off topic but anyone have any idea how much the programme will cost on the day? just thinking how much cash to carry.

ballinio said:
simon31goat said:
I can see us losing this with so many supposedly missing.arse will play a strong team.wenger will want to get one over us especially with his bitter comments re lampard and Sagna.we should be playing our big hitters in this game to get the confidence and fitness going for Newcastle.
wenger is a loudmouthed wanker, his team is full of spineless shithouses. we have nothing to worry about.
Who knows what team arsene whinger will play? Am I right in thinking that they have got a champions league quaifier in turkey next wednesday? Could have a big bearing on how they approach this match.

thebodmaster said:
ballinio said:
simon31goat said:
I can see us losing this with so many supposedly missing.arse will play a strong team.wenger will want to get one over us especially with his bitter comments re lampard and Sagna.we should be playing our big hitters in this game to get the confidence and fitness going for Newcastle.
wenger is a loudmouthed wanker, his team is full of spineless shithouses. we have nothing to worry about.
Who knows what team arsene whinger will play? Am I right in thinking that they have got a champions league quaifier in turkey next wednesday? Could have a big bearing on how they approach this match.
Do apologise, its not next week, but the week after, still think we will beat them!

Arsenal have the complications of a pending two leg match in the Champions League playoff round. This is worth millions to them. Far more important than the Community Shield.

I think we'll struggle defensively, simply because we're likely to play a back four that we won't use again all season (I'm assuming we'll play Clichy-Boyata-Nastasic-Kolarov) but we should have enough in midfield and attack to cause them problems too.

Not too concerned about the result; it would be nice to win but I won't panic if we lose. It's essentially another pre-season friendly. Not having Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis and Sagna (and possibly Mangala) available was always going to be an issue. Just hope we have some of them available for Newcastle, as that's much more important.

Tbilisi said:
Luck95 said:
i reckon team will be

Clichy Nast Boyata Kolarov
Navas Fernando Toure Nasri
Dzeko Jovetic

If Boyata plays we will get turned over,he is a poor player...Championship at best.

Put Garcia in his place.

I agree about boyata I just got a feeling (a bad one) that he will start

Tbilisi said:
Luck95 said:
i reckon team will be

Dzeko Jovetic

If Boyata plays we will get turned over,he is a poor player...Championship at best.

Put Garcia in his place.

we are not going to risk a player we just sold.

Kompany is King said:
sam-caddick said:
The Pope said:
Im not looking forward to this game - I think we will lose - and strangely im not very positive about the season either !
Lindow Man will get the rags playing so I see a top 3 place nailed on for them, chelsea have bought some amazing players, arse have a true destroyer in sanchez, liverpool - well i hope they do a utd like last season tbh, Everton have strenghtened..

I know we have an amazing team and im really happy about our signings but.. i dunno really my only concern is that we havent signed a "bomb" of a player, someone who can shake things up and cause instant damage i.e. sanchez.
I just think a big player coming in gets everyone excited including the players.

Well we'll see, probably just the old skool negative City fan in me coming out!

Come on MCFC!

Jovetic will be our bomb player.

If we can score close to the same number of goals as last season but concede 10 less we will be hard to beat to the title.

Agree with Jovetic. Imagine him with a fully fit Aguero.

2nd best defence last season. Add in Fernando & Mangala and we are even stronger.

I'm looking forward to the new season and very happy with our squad.

We haven't/didn't sigh a "bomb" player as we already have them. My nomination for flap of the year goes to popey

BlueDeadHead said:
Tbilisi said:
Luck95 said:
i reckon team will be

Dzeko Jovetic

Put Garcia in his place.

we are not going to risk a player we just sold.

Suppose you are right.......Boyata will get torn to shreds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.