Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal are going to have a much stronger squad because they have to be ready for their Champions League playoffs. City's defence looks vulnerable as there are so many players missing from that area.

Midfield and attack looks good. Lots of options. But it's still about preparation, and I just want to enjoy the day and expectation of seeing City at Wembley

No hissy fits if we don't win or play well please. This game gives zero indication of how the season will pan out.

1998-99

Arsenal 3-0 United

United won the treble that season.

2011-12

City 2-3 United

City beat United 6-1 in the next game they played, beat them 1-0 in the next home league game without United having a shot on target and won the league for the first time in 44 years.

Rekik & Nastasic, please. even EDS Denayer playing convincingly than Boyata in the pre-season.

ManCityX said:
No hissy fits if we don't win or play well please. This game gives zero indication of how the season will pan out.

1998-99

Arsenal 3-0 United

2011-12

City 2-3 United

City beat United 6-1 in the next game they played, beat them 1-0 in the next home league game without United having a shot on target and won the league for the first time in 44 years.

City 3 Chelsea 2.....a bad season followed

Plans for Wembley tomorrow

Well it's nearly here, just put the last game of the season on to get in the mood.

Up early doors and leaving North Yorkshire around 7:30 and heading for our fav haunt for Wembley trips 'Wealdstone FC' couple of pints and try out their new food wagon then nip over to Rayners Lane for the tube into Wembley.
Hopefully it's not as wet as it is saying, another day like the Wigan game isn't want we want.
Anyway safe trip everyone and here's hoping for another great season.

Re: Plans for Wembley tomorrow

A FEW BOTTLES OF LAGER IN THE FRIDGE, SO NICE AND COLD FOR WATCHING GAME ON TV, then maybe out for a couple

ManCityX said:

1998-99

Arsenal 3-0 United

2011-12

City 2-3 United

Ah I remember that 2-3 footballing lesson. Really were put in our place that day. Forever a stain on the club.

On a serious note, did I dream up the stat about the charity shield winners never winning the league straight after?

Tbilisi said:
ManCityX said:

1998-99

Arsenal 3-0 United

2011-12

City 2-3 United

On the scale of City bad......it wasn't that bad! 2nd and FA cup final. It was our third best season in the last 35 years.

I'm not arsed about tomorrow's result at all. I am a bit concerned that Kompany, Aguero, Silva, Zab and Demichellis have not or have hardly featured at all and our opener is a week away.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Tbilisi said:
ManCityX said:

1998-99

Arsenal 3-0 United

2011-12

City 2-3 United

On the scale of City bad......it wasn't that bad! 2nd and FA cup final. It was our third best season in the last 35 years.

I'm not arsed about tomorrow's result at all. I am a bit concerned that Kompany, Aguero, Silva, Zab and Demichellis have not or have hardly featured at all and our opener is a week away.

I know but im spoilt now......

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Tbilisi said:
ManCityX said:

1998-99

Arsenal 3-0 United

2011-12

City 2-3 United

Aguero didn't feature at all during pre-season last year yet he came back for the first game of the season despite everyone thinking he was injured if I remember and scored a great goal.

Those lads know the game we play so we should be fine.

I want to win tomorrow but defensively I don't think we look good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.