Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
anybody happen to know a sports pub in Porto where the City faithful congregate? That's where I shall be tomorrow for the match,

See if you can sort the Mangala transfer out while your there

AwayDay said:
Only 4 times in the last 17 years , the winners of the Community shield went on to win the title. It definitely has no implication on the rest of the season. Still nice to win though.
On Twatter the stat is 7 of the last 22 CS winners have gone on to win the PL.

jimharri said:
AwayDay said:
Only 4 times in the last 17 years , the winners of the Community shield went on to win the title. It definitely has no implication on the rest of the season. Still nice to win though.
On Twatter the stat is 7 of the last 22 CS winners have gone on to win the PL.
Well thinking about it the last 3-4 seasons in a row the winner hasn't gone on to win it. Also when was the last time someone won the league twice on the run? I think it was the rags in 2009 which is 5 years ago. Hopefully we can change these statistics.

r.soleofsalford said:
it`s not so much i want us to win the shield, it`s more i dont want them whiney southern twats and their shithouse snipe nose c**t of manager to win it
this several times plaese!
I have a couple of employees who are tarquins and I would love it if we stuffed them winger truly is a hypocritical tosspot - educated though he is he so insecure his cock must be so small!

Pellers' pre-match interviews have been gracefully terse. Such a contrast with the megaphone, egomaniac arse, scum and dippers PCs.

Its like Christmas Eve. I know the shield isn't a huge trophy, but it's (sort of) real silverware that (sort of) counts so in my book that puts it well above the ICC/Audi Cup. But it marks the start of the season and that's why I'm excited.

Here's the team I think we should play. Not our best XI if everyone in the squad was fit and playing at the top of their game, but this XI is still more talented squad than the "Flyin' Emirates" could put out. This is without reading anything in the last few days about who's fit/is playing.

----------------Hart-----------------
--22------4--------33(?)-------13-
-----------------6---------------------
-----------------------42-------------
--------21*----------------8*-------
-------------------35-----------------
----------------10--------------------

* = floating around, free to roam, in typical Davey and Sammy fashion

-4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1, 4-4-2, 4-1-1-1-1-1-1 whatever u want to call it.

-Weird to start 2 LBs when we have 3 options at RB, but Zab most likely isn't fit (although I'm pretty sure he could play, he's frickin Pablo Zabaletta for god sakes). Sagna hasn't played yet, and Micah is.......well, umm...... don't make me say it, you guys know.

-Fullbacks will hafta get forward, or else no width. Love the duo of Nasri + Kolorov on the left. Kolorov seems to really thrive playing with Sam in front of him, and those overlapping runs followed by Kolorov's deadly crosses. Although Alex may not be able to get forward as often depending on how Arsenal play. Clichy has actually looked good getting forward this pre-season (pleasant surprise). If we're lacking width, bring in Navas/ Milner.

-At the other CB position aside Vinny I picked Nasty, because he and Vinny have some experience playing as a pairing, Marty D-Mike is prob not ready, only God knows what the hell is going on with the Mangala signing, so that leaves Nasty. I think Fernando would be a very good last option CB, better than Javi who I just read may be heading to Ruskis. Fernando's composure has really impressed me in the preseason. He and his twin partner Fernandinho should be crucial to our success this season.

-The Eastern Europeans up top. Hopefully S-Jo can keep up his pre-season form.

I smell a 2-1 maybe 2-0 City win.

Pimped up the car today, scarves and flags to be added in the morning, give us a beep if you see us on the way down.

2qcdo9h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.