Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the main players are available for the Newcastle game it's ok. If not, it's a piss take this resting of world cup players for so long. This is their bread and butter.

Tbilisi said:
BlueDeadHead said:
Tbilisi said:
If Boyata plays we will get turned over,he is a poor player...Championship at best.

Put Garcia in his place.

we are not going to risk a player we just sold.

Suppose you are right.......Boyata will get torn to shreds.

Though I agree with your sentiments about Boyata, I do wonder if Pellers sees something in him in the same way as he did with MDM. He has after all played him quite a bit pre-season.

Big Dave Watson said:
As long as the main players are available for the Newcastle game it's ok. If not, it's a piss take this resting of world cup players for so long. This is their bread and butter.
The main thing is getting them fit for the season. If the manager judges they need more rest, and preparation then fair enough. Some of the players have only just returned to training.

I think we maybe up against it tomorrow, but it's more important to get it right for the whole season.

Right. I know Boyata is not the greatest defender I've ever seen, but I'd prefer to criticise his performance (if it merits that) after he's fucking played.
So far pre- season he's been OK. I know Arsenal are better than what we've played so far, but at least, lets play the game before
criticising people for something they haven't even done yet.

Just wondering whether we go out all guns blazing or take a more cautious approach.

All guns blazing by having Dzeko and Jovetic start or just play one striker have an extra midfield player to combat the pact of Chamberlain and Sanchez.

Rammyblues said:
Just wondering whether we go out all guns blazing or take a more cautious approach.

All guns blazing by having Dzeko and Jovetic start or just play one striker have an extra midfield player to combat the pact of Chamberlain and Sanchez.

It's still a friendly - All guns blazing please!

Only 4 times in the last 17 years , the winners of the Community shield went on to win the title. It definitely has no implication on the rest of the season. Still nice to win though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.