Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cityboy2602 said:
RandomJ said:
I wasn't arsed about this game until Wenger took another snide dig at our club. Hope we fucking smash the twats now.

Is fat Frank eligible to play? It would be great if he came on as a last minute sub and scored the winner. I can see Wenger's face now.
He's eligible but only starts training on Wednesday and at his age will probably take a while to get up to speed.
I think Zuculini and Iheanacho should get some game time in this as a reward for their performances in pre season.

Edit: my bad, Iheanacho can't play.

cibaman said:
sam-caddick said:
It's interesting seeing that Arsenal have only played three pre-season friendlies going into this game and two of them have been at The Emirates this weekend, us on the other hand are going into this game having played six friendlies with 4 of them in different parts of America so I am intrigued to see how both sides play.

I actually think had we made the final tomorrow against United it might have been a game too far. A derby two days after a game with the Community Shield against Arsenal less than a week later, I think that's too much for pre-season.

Jovetic and Navas have to start because those two have been the outstanding attacking players in the past few weeks.

I think Clichy will play right back because Sagna will have only been back a week, and despite him as well only going to be back a week prior to the game I think Kompany will play but not for 90 mins, I don't see us winning with one of the defensive partnership we have seen during pre-season.

I take the view that Jovetic and Navas don't need to start, because they don't need the game time as much as other players (although Jovetic will probably play because Negredo and Aguero aren't fit) . And Sagna's need to play is greater than Clichy's. The main problem Pellegrini has is that a number of players that need game time play in the same position. Juggling Sagna, Zabaleta, Kompany, Managala, Demichellis will be tricky. Ideally Pellegrini wouldn't want to use all of his substitutions on defensive players.

But the game should be used purely as preparation for the PL season. The result is irrelevant.
The fans who have paid a lot of money to go to wembley wont think that.

greasedupdeafguy said:
cibaman said:
sam-caddick said:
It's interesting seeing that Arsenal have only played three pre-season friendlies going into this game and two of them have been at The Emirates this weekend, us on the other hand are going into this game having played six friendlies with 4 of them in different parts of America so I am intrigued to see how both sides play.

I actually think had we made the final tomorrow against United it might have been a game too far. A derby two days after a game with the Community Shield against Arsenal less than a week later, I think that's too much for pre-season.

Jovetic and Navas have to start because those two have been the outstanding attacking players in the past few weeks.

I think Clichy will play right back because Sagna will have only been back a week, and despite him as well only going to be back a week prior to the game I think Kompany will play but not for 90 mins, I don't see us winning with one of the defensive partnership we have seen during pre-season.

I take the view that Jovetic and Navas don't need to start, because they don't need the game time as much as other players (although Jovetic will probably play because Negredo and Aguero aren't fit) . And Sagna's need to play is greater than Clichy's. The main problem Pellegrini has is that a number of players that need game time play in the same position. Juggling Sagna, Zabaleta, Kompany, Managala, Demichellis will be tricky. Ideally Pellegrini wouldn't want to use all of his substitutions on defensive players.

But the game should be used purely as preparation for the PL season. The result is irrelevant.
The fans who have paid a lot of money to go to wembley wont think that.

Its not irrelevant to me nor any of the lads n lasses I'm going with, the trophy may very well not mean much in the scheme of things but I go to watch my team win. For those who feel its an irrelevant game, your Sunday will be spent doing other stuff, mine will be spent in the company of City fans who want a City win over a PL rival and also a great social occasion at the home of football.
To get to a CS final you have to be a winner (mostly) as long as we keep appearing in these games, we are winning and City are being successful.. I hope we play in it every year and I will be attending every year.. That's all ..!

No match featuring Manchester City is irrelevant. Every match is important that's why we go to watch them, that is why I am having a long weekend in London. The only time I would go to London apart from for meetings is to watch City. So no, I haven't spent my hard earned money on this match for it to be irrelevant thank you.

uwe rosler 28 said:
Does anybody know how many substitutes you are allowed to use?

5 subs allowed in the CS Apparently the Rules say 6 as listed below but I believe only 5 can be used which is weird??

Match rules90 minutes
Penalty shoot-out if scores level after 90 minutes
Seven named substitutes
Maximum of six substitutions

Eccles Blue said:
No match featuring Manchester City is irrelevant. Every match is important that's why we go to watch them, that is why I am having a long weekend in London. The only time I would go to London apart from for meetings is to watch City. So no, I haven't spent my hard earned money on this match for it to be irrelevant thank you.

Im sure some people on here are just on the wind up EB........if we played in the Outer Mongolian Invitational Trophy it would matter to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.