Arsenal Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A point at Arsenal, a point in Munich and batter the Chelsea chavs, that would be a great week!

Cant wait for this one, with both us and the tarquins wanting to bounce back ftom our last results, should be a cracker. I'm going down to this one thanks to saleblue, cheers for that mate. anyone else getting the 05:25 to euston?

Anyway, here how i personally would like us to line up

Hart

Zab
MDM
Komps
Clichy

Fernandinho
Yaya
Nevas
Silva
Lampard

Agueroooo

It'll be a tough one, both teams will be up for it. 2-1 city.

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Don't agree. We should be battering Arsenal.

I think battering a top 4 side on their own turf is never to be expected. A win would be great. A point is decent. Win your home games and do no worse than draw against your key opponents away and you're in good shape.

ElanJo said:
--------------------------Hart

Zabaleta----Kompany---Mangala---Clichy

----------------Fernandinho---Yaya

-----Navas-------------Silva--------------Milner

-------------------------Aguero

Mangala and Clichy in for added pace against Sanchez and Welbeck
Milner in because Nasri is always shite at the emirates
Silva in behind to add an extra man in midfield and to find the runs of Navas and Aguero.

Hard to see past the above, with maybe Kolarov for Clichy. Kolarov offers so much more going forward and is not as defensively dire as he used to be. Overall I think he's a better player than Clichy, albeity Clichy is quick, which can be useful against pacy opponents.

But I agree about one up top. It would be bonkers to start Dzeko and Aguero and have nothing on the bench. And Fern/Yaya can get overrun so the extra man in midfiled makes good sense too. And I wouldn't play Nasri for the reasons you give. He gets ridiculous abuse at the Emirates (will those Neanderthals ever move on, ffs) and it clearly gets to him.

I think we should be looking at a 5 man midfield esp if fernando is out or we will get over run with just yaya and one other centrally

id personally go with (f fernando is missing along with Jovetic)

---------------------Hart--------------------------

Zabba-- Kompany --MDM/Mangala-- Clichy

milner-- ferd-- yaya-- silva-- nasri

---------------Aguero-----------

kolorov is still a liability defensively and if jovetic was fit then id play him instead of nasri but there is no way jovetic will play if he has been injured

nasri, milner and yaya can all support Kun but ferd needs to be disciplined in his forward runs as there quick pacy and agile midfield will pass it around yaya

tempted to play mangala for his pace but MDM doesnt deserve dropping (though he could be saved for Munich where his experience could be vital)

hart

zabba
kompany
mangala
kolarov

yaya
fernandinho
milner
navas
silva

aguero

a very hard game but i expect a backlash from the players after what happened against Stoke 2-1 win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.