Arsenal Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit it I've never been a huge Nasri fan. I'd love to see him ram those cockney boos back down their throats with a MotM performance. However I suspect he's more likely to just not show up and cwy because they are being mean to him.. He really needs to man up tomorrow and justify the status as a star player that so many on here are quick to defend.

Hungarian blue said:
nalari said:
Nasri should start—he actually had a break during the international 'break'.

So did Navas and Milner only played and small bit, while Silva was shining in their quite easy game on Monday. So in the attacking mid department we're quite good, maybe we should play 3 of them. That would mean, though, either of Dzeko and Aguero would be only on the bench.

And, of course, just a shame that in centre mid we only have Yaya + Fernandinho (+ Lampard), both have travelled a lot and played in the last 3 days.

That is what he did last year with Silva, Navas, Nasri all playing and then having Dzeko up top on his own. I would do the same this year but play Sergio instead of Dzeko. I seemed to remember his hold up play was terrible at the Emirates last year

LoveCity said:
Seems Ramsey is fully fit, completed a full training session today.

That is a shame, he's the player that makes them tick in my opinion.

I think we will be cautious tomorrow to be honest but I really think they are there for the taking defensively. They are week at the back in my opinion.

I didn't realise our goal scoring record at the Emirates was so abysmal though until I read this, decent read actually: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.premstats.com/arsenal-v-manchester-city-match-preview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.premstats.com/arsenal-v-manc ... h-preview/</a> so got to expect another tight game really!

If i had to bet money on a result I'd probably go draw as I don't think either manager would complain at a draw.

Arsenal 1-3 City

Followed by

Bayern 0-2 City

Followed by

City 2-0 Chelski

Everybody happy?

Vienna_70 said:
Providing everybody is fit - Jovetić apart - I think it would be extremely prudent to play three in midfield and only one out-and-out forward:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy

Fernando
Fernandinho
Touré

Nasri
Silva
Agüero

Subs: Caballero, Sagna, Demichelis, Kolarov, Milner, Navas, Džeko

This would also give the midfield three the chance to play together before Bayern and Chelsea.

Given the fact that Nando is definitely out, I'd play Milner in his place.

As others have said, with only two fit forwards, it would be foolish to play both in the same game.

Rorz88 said:
Hungarian blue said:
nalari said:
Nasri should start—he actually had a break during the international 'break'.

So did Navas and Milner only played and small bit, while Silva was shining in their quite easy game on Monday. So in the attacking mid department we're quite good, maybe we should play 3 of them. That would mean, though, either of Dzeko and Aguero would be only on the bench.

And, of course, just a shame that in centre mid we only have Yaya + Fernandinho (+ Lampard), both have travelled a lot and played in the last 3 days.

That is what he did last year with Silva, Navas, Nasri all playing and then having Dzeko up top on his own. I would do the same this year but play Sergio instead of Dzeko. I seemed to remember his hold up play was terrible at the Emirates last year

I think he he put on a very good performance last season during the home game :

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq8BboOHYm0[/video]

If he is in the same mood as that day, The Arse won't be able to deal with him tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.