arsenal will rip city apart.....

TheMightyQuinn said:
Spurs fan in peace said:
I dont think it's fair to say Arsenal couldnt "break you down" they did on several ocassions they just couldnt score, they hit the post like 4/5 times and prob should have had at least one penatly, while your defense was resolute in parts you'd have to admit some element of luck in not conceeding. there were also good saves form Hart and blocks too.

Well, when the 'hitting the post' trophy is handed out I hope Arsenal parade it around London in an open top bus.

Hart is there to stop the ball going in the net, it's his job and something he did well.

If Cesc and Van Dick Weed spent less time rolling on the floor and/or verbally abusing the ref, maybe they'd have found the back of the net.

look I'm hardly an Arsenal fan but the point I'm making is - it's not like Arsenal never looked like they could score or that there was no way through your defense inces here or there and you'd have lost. I agree it's Arsenal's misfiring but alot of you are implying it was only your resolute defense that kept Arsenal not their own shortcomings.

honest question for you all- Do you think you'll finish above them? I feel that's it's the Arse and United fighting for the title the a 3 way battle for 3/4/5

Spurs fan in peace said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Well, when the 'hitting the post' trophy is handed out I hope Arsenal parade it around London in an open top bus.

Hart is there to stop the ball going in the net, it's his job and something he did well.

If Cesc and Van Dick Weed spent less time rolling on the floor and/or verbally abusing the ref, maybe they'd have found the back of the net.

look I'm hardly an Arsenal fan but the point I'm making is - it's not like Arsenal never looked like they could score or that there was no way through your defense inces here or there and you'd have lost. I agree it's Arsenal's misfiring but alot of you are implying it was only your resolute defense that kept Arsenal not their own shortcomings.

honest question for you all- Do you think you'll finish above them? I feel that's it's the Arse and United fighting for the title the a 3 way battle for 3/4/5

Absolutely. Arsenal have proven time and time again that they lack the ability to win games against resolute opposition, which has been shown again today. We'll push them into fourth, with United and Chelsea above us.

Damocles said:
Spurs fan in peace said:

Absolutely. Arsenal have proven time and time again that they lack the ability to win games against resolute opposition, which has been shown again today. We'll push them into fourth, with United and Chelsea above us.

I think United are a shoo in for the title, but think Arsenal, City and Spurs will be the others in the top four. In what order I'm not sure, but I think Chelsea will miss out.

Damocles said:

You honestly think Chelsea will finish above us ? I would have said so a few weeks ago but they seem hell bent on not even making the top 4.

I think we'll finish 2nd behind the rags with Arsenal and Spurs finishing 3rd and 4th.

Damocles said:
Spurs fan in peace said:

I respectfully disagree

Spurs fan in peace said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Can we finish above them? Yes, absolutely.
Will we? We'll have to wait and see but it's looking good.
Just over half the season gone, best defensive record in the league, best away record, it's looking positive.

Sure, they were unlucky at times but then we had about 67 clear penalties not given V Everton and we can all play the 'if this had happened' game.

To be totally honest, I shat myself for the opening 20 minutes and then become increasingly confident with every passing second.

They created a lot of half chances but then we've done that at times and come away empty handed.

I just object to the bleating of Arsenal and Sky to be honest, it's like we had no business even trying to not concede let alone managing for 90 minutes!

Damocles said:
Spurs fan in peace said:

If you were a Man U fan, I would understand….but why do some City fans talk about our lack of sustainability like they have finished ahead of us in the past. Just look at last season where you didn’t have the balls to go for the win at the emirates and lost against Spurs at home. You talk like you are proven at this level and have some sort of experience, yet you couldn’t even try to win tonight because silva was out…what happens if Silva is injured for to months as you seem to admit you are a one man team?

gooney said:
Damocles said:
If you were a Man U fan, I would understand….but why do some City fans talk about our lack of sustainability like they have finished ahead of us in the past. Just look at last season where you didn’t have the balls to go for the win at the emirates and lost against Spurs at home. You talk like you are proven at this level and have some sort of experience, yet you couldn’t even try to win tonight because silva was out…what happens if Silva is injured for to months as you seem to admit you are a one man team?

We haven't been challenging in the past so you can't really compare our sustainability. What is clear though is that Arsenal have a record of bottling it when it matters.

stony said:
gooney said:

We haven't been challenging in the past so you can't really compare our sustainability. What is clear though is that Arsenal have a record of bottling it when it matters.
You failed last season when it mattered against spurs. And alot of those players are still in the squad

gooney said:
Damocles said:

We're aiming to be the best in the league.

You lot have been happy being the 3rd best, at a push, for the past 5 years.

Look on the bright side, we're here to steal trophies from utd and Chelsea, you guys have nothing to worry about, your 3rd place is safe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.