arsenal will rip city apart.....

gooney said:
Damocles said:
Absolutely. Arsenal have proven time and time again that they lack the ability to win games against resolute opposition, which has been shown again today. We'll push them into fourth, with United and Chelsea above us.
If you were a Man U fan, I would understand….but why do some City fans talk about our lack of sustainability like they have finished ahead of us in the past. Just look at last season where you didn’t have the balls to go for the win at the emirates and lost against Spurs at home. You talk like you are proven at this level and have some sort of experience, yet you couldn’t even try to win tonight because silva was out…what happens if Silva is injured for to months as you seem to admit you are a one man team?

Because you have a proven lack of sustainability, whereas ours is theoretical and may not happen (and I don't think it will with our squad). We didn't sit back tonight because Silva was out, we sat back tonight because Mancini's remit is to not lose against rival teams. We could have had Ronaldo and Messi on the pitch and we still would have played the same game.

Football is a game of chess, not a circus act. Maybe if Arsenal would learn that, they could win the title.

gooney said:
If you were a Man U fan, I would understand….but why do some City fans talk about our lack of sustainability like they have finished ahead of us in the past. Just look at last season where you didn’t have the balls to go for the win at the emirates and lost against Spurs at home. You talk like you are proven at this level and have some sort of experience, yet you couldn’t even try to win tonight because silva was out…what happens if Silva is injured for to months as you seem to admit you are a one man team?

It's a moot point, because we had a much weaker squad last season. The argument about your lack of sustainability is true to some extent since 2005. Don't take it personally.

gooney said:
stony said:
We haven't been challenging in the past so you can't really compare our sustainability. What is clear though is that Arsenal have a record of bottling it when it matters.
You failed last season when it mattered against spurs. And alot of those players are still in the squad

Last season we were aiming a little too high. We weren't a top 4 team last season for numerous reasons. Half a season with Mark Hughes as manger didn't help. I wasn't bitter, we didn't deserve to finish top 4 last season, no big deal.

This season is an entirely different matter.

Ric said:
Damocles said:
Absolutely. Arsenal have proven time and time again that they lack the ability to win games against resolute opposition, which has been shown again today. We'll push them into fourth, with United and Chelsea above us.

I think United are a shoo in for the title, but think Arsenal, City and Spurs will be the others in the top four. In what order I'm not sure, but I think Chelsea will miss out.

I can't see the title going anywhere else either, perhaps by quite a margin if they get their act together a bit and Valencia comes back fit in a few weeks.

However, Chelsea are lacking in confidence at the moment but they'll recover. They, like United, have that ability to win 10 league games on the bounce; something that I don't think us, Arsenal or Spurs do, which is why I don't think any of us are really challengers yet.

Remember the first 10 games of this season whereby everybody KNEW that Chelsea were going to conquer the world and run away with it? Same short-termism here. There are 16 games left, and 48 points up for grabs. Chelsea will be right up there come the end of the season.

Damocles said:
Ric said:
I think United are a shoo in for the title, but think Arsenal, City and Spurs will be the others in the top four. In what order I'm not sure, but I think Chelsea will miss out.

I can't see the title going anywhere else either, perhaps by quite a margin if they get their act together a bit and Valencia comes back fit in a few weeks.

However, Chelsea are lacking in confidence at the moment but they'll recover. They, like United, have that ability to win 10 league games on the bounce; something that I don't think us, Arsenal or Spurs do, which is why I don't think any of us are really challengers yet.

Remember the first 10 games of this season whereby everybody KNEW that Chelsea were going to conquer the world and run away with it? Same short-termism here. There are 16 games left, and 48 points up for grabs. Chelsea will be right up there come the end of the season.

Yeah, I reckon it's the rags title to lose, their last hurrah (hopefully), as for 2nd-4th it's a tough one, I can't write Chelsea off but as each game passes they look more and more suspect.

gooney said:
lloydie said:
The arse played their strongest team and played well, you could tell they were well up for it.
We defended well but our passing was poor. Deserved the point for stubbornness alone and had the ref not bottled it and left zab on the pitch our 11 may have nicked it.
Arse fans on the radio need to grow up though and learn that there's more than one way to skin a cat. And baying for us to knock it out when their players go down and moaning when they eventually reciprocate, just shows why people call them smacked arses.
We feel like you parked the bus on us, but we forgive you and be your friends again if you hammer man u at old trafford

I can see why you feel that way, but I don't think that was our overriding intention. We failed to pass it out of defence and you came straight back at us, give yourselves credit for pinning us back. I had a minor niggle that a lot of our attempts to break out were thwarted by niggly little fouls that went unpunished but that's almost to be expected playing the traditional elite.

No worries mate but I'll accept your magnanimous forgiveness only if you do the same to them at the Emirates.

At the end of the day, We are delighted with the point. On the other hand, The Gunners seem to have lost Two in the bush.

Damocles said:
Ric said:

Looking at chelseas team and forget their history, two things are obvious. They have the weakest squad and their best players are all over 30, a lot of them are on physical decline, which means they will get weaker as the season goes on.

gooney said:
Damocles said:

Looking at chelseas team and forget their history, two things are obvious. They have the weakest squad and their best players are all over 30, a lot of them are on physical decline, which means they will get weaker as the season goes on.

Here's hoping!

gooney said:
Damocles said:

I agree. They have the weakest squad of the top five by a distance, and confidence is badly lacking. With over half the season gone time is running out to pull it back, and none of Arsenal, Spurs or City look like going into freefall the way Chelsea have.

Never bought into it when people were describing Chelsea as invincible at the start of the season. They had an easy run of games, and their vulnerabilities were there for all to see. Compare their bench to that of any of the top four, and you can see they have problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.