Arteta announced as new Arsenal manager

As others have said, if Arteta goes it amounts to a personal statement that he doesn't think he would get Pep's job which hints at two things:

1) He doesn't rate himself, or
2) He thinks Pep will extend his deal

You may not agree but with Pep supposedly 18 months from moving on, I find it a little odd that Arteta would go for a job that in my opinion is not particularly attractive. It's a huge club which Arteta no doubt likes but it's also a very difficult job.

If he goes, I am sure every blue will wish him well. He seems like a good guy who is well-trusted and liked at City.

My one question mark about him over the years has been set-pieces. For years he was responsible for them, and I don't think we are particularly good at them.

I really can't see Arteta turning Arsenal around overnight. They need new defenders.

If there is to be any announcement I'm thinking it would come after the Oxford game to minimise disruption to City's preparation.

As others have said, if Arteta goes it amounts to a personal statement that he doesn't think he would get Pep's job which hints at two things:

You may not agree but with Pep supposedly 18 months from moving on, I find it a little odd that Arteta would go for a job that in my opinion is not particularly attractive. It's a huge club which Arteta no doubt likes but it's also a very difficult job.

If he goes, I am sure every blue will wish him well. He seems like a good guy who is well-trusted and liked at City.

My one question mark about him over the years has been set-pieces. For years he was responsible for them, and I don't think we are particularly good at them.

I really can't see Arteta turning Arsenal around overnight. They need new defenders.

If there is to be any announcement I'm thinking it would come after the Oxford game to minimise disruption to City's preparation.

If he thinks he can go in at Arsenal and turn around their fortunes I think that rules 1) out

Or 3) he has knowledge that we may be looking elsewhere.

If he thinks he can go in at Arsenal and turn around their fortunes I think that rules 1) out

No it doesn't. It means he's a relative unknown quantity at the moment who is boosted rightly or wrongly by being Pep's right hand man. However, he may not feel confident that he is well regarded at City and so is jumping at opportunity to manage Arsenal. I have no way of knowing. I don't want to speak bad of him. I am only trying to make sense of it. He could be very good at what he does. Clearly he is a competent No. 2.

OR, of course the fact that he knows City are targeting Pochetino or Rodgers, leaving him out of work maybe.

Don't think this means anything when it comes to Pep or City, just means he gets a plum opportunity to manage a team he played for for 5 years and is well regarded at.

That said, won't take long for the tarquins to turn on him if he's not an overnight sensation, it's what they do. Time will tell I guess, and wish him all the best.

Looks like it will be done after the Oxford game. Reportedly 3.5 year contract and £5 million per year. Looking to be in charge for the trip to the toffees. If it’s that close odd he is travelling to the Oxford game.

So apparently we lose him and apparently he wants to take some staff with him.

That bayern mouthpiece saying sane wants to leave in jan..

So its a free for all?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.