Arteta announced as new Arsenal manager

No news of any compensation package on BBC, be one of the 1st things mentioned if he joined from Utd

Good luck to him, It will be a good learning curve for him at Arsenal. If he turns out to be decent then i'm sure we'll have him back sometime in the future.

Although to be fair to them Adebayor deserved the stick he got after that famous celebration...Lol !
They were openly racist towards him. I wouldn’t have been bothered if he’d pulled a Mooney at them at the end of that celebration.

Interesting , no good luck message from city.

Also the Arsenal website has no mention of City , where he is joining from.
You were too quick to criticise:-
https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/first-team-news/2019/december/mikel-arteta-arsenal-man-city

Mikel Arteta has left his position as Manchester City’s Assistant Manager to join Arsenal as Head Coach.
Mikel joined City in July 2016 as a valued member of Pep Guardiola’s backroom staff – and following the departure of Domenec Torrent to New York City FC on June 11 2018, he stepped up to become de facto assistant manager.

Pep Guardiola said of Arteta’s departure: “Mikel has been an excellent coach for Manchester City. He has shown impressive dedication, hard work and knowledge of football during his time here and has been a real contributor to the Club’s achievements over the past years. We all wish him well in his new role; I am sure he is ready for it.”

Director of Football Txiki Begiristain added: “Mikel, as a member of Pep’s team, has contributed significantly to the Club in his time here in Manchester. His work on the training field and detailed preparations have helped us become a side that wins with regularity and in style. This move to Arsenal is a further step in his football development and I am sure he will become a top-class coach.”

He's backed himself but he's definitely jumped too early. Emery had managed at 6 clubs previously over a 14 year period before joining Arsenal and he failed there. Unless they are going to spend a very lot of money no manager will succeed there. Especially someone in their first job.

Good luck to him, It will be a good learning curve for him at Arsenal. If he turns out to be decent then i'm sure we'll have him back sometime in the future.
If he does well at Arsenal there's not a chance of him coming back to City. If he doesn't then City won't want him. Definitely never coming back

Reactions: cjn
Wouldn't be surprised if Stu Brennan thinks there still hasn't been any official contact between the clubs.

If he does well at Arsenal there's not a chance of him coming back to City. If he doesn't then City won't want him. Definitely never coming back
Yep.

Unless Arteta pulls out a miracle, his managerial career is screwed - big time. Maybe he'll take a lesser post once the Aresnal gig fails spectacularly... and maybe he can gain respect there... can't see him back at City though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.