Arteta

Why would we want a 29 yr old?? Doesn't matter how good the toffee thinks he is there are younger and better out there and if I was in for a midfielder of that age I'd much rather go for Gerrard. Arteta can't hold a candle up to him.

As for Everton challenging for the top 4 it will never happen at some point their paper thin squad will have another injury crisis and in the not too distant future they will have to sell some of the better players or youngsters to keep afloat. Moyes already has to abandon the Carling and FA cups as early as possible to try and keep their league position. What's the betting he abandons the Europa League too. City have moved way beyond Everton now, We are talking of challenging for the title not scraping into 4th place

They will always be also rans who have to sell to survive and Moyes must be getting to the point where he's fed up of managing for a club who can't give him the money he wants to build a winning side. I'll give him 2 more yrs before he's off and that's when Everton will implode

Enjoyed reading this thread, better than the usual made up crap we get.

Agree with Marvin, Arteta is possibly my favourite none City player as the boy has everything. Barry and Arteta in a 4-4-2 would be a dream with say Di Maria and Johnson on the wings.

Fair play to the Everton fan for fighting his corner.

Arteta has just turned 28 not 29. To the poster at the top do you not think before you post? Moyes certainly does not give up any cups so our league position doesn't fall. Last season 5th FA Cup final season before 5th League Cup semi final, Europe last 16 you goon. We also don't have a paper thin squad we have jut had too many injuries this season an not just 1 game injuries long term injuries. You aren't scrapping for the title you never made 4th so don't mock it till you try it and if you think it is beyond Everton o finish in the top 4 next season then more fool you. You are aware that when we got a few players back we only lost 2 of 24 right? That was still wig injuries to key players! Since Boxing Day only Chelsea and Man Utd picked up more points. Thanks for your stupid opinion though made me chuckle.

I'mABlueToo said:
Never going to happen after lasy year, also I feel instead of buying 27-28 year olds for now, we should be buying 23-24year olds for now and the future.

rather buy a world class 28yr old than a average 23yr old kaka or milner?<br /><br />-- Sun May 23, 2010 10:54 am --<br /><br />
BlueBoy2010 said:
Arteta has just turned 28 not 29. To the poster at the top do you not think before you post? Moyes certainly does not give up any cups so our league position doesn't fall. Last season 5th FA Cup final season before 5th League Cup semi final, Europe last 16 you goon. We also don't have a paper thin squad we have jut had too many injuries this season an not just 1 game injuries long term injuries. You aren't scrapping for the title you never made 4th so don't mock it till you try it and if you think it is beyond Everton o finish in the top 4 next season then more fool you. You are aware that when we got a few players back we only lost 2 of 24 right? That was still wig injuries to key players! Since Boxing Day only Chelsea and Man Utd picked up more points. Thanks for your stupid opinion though made me chuckle.

CALM DOWN CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!

BlueBoy2010 said:
We finished 5th this season with a managerial change half way through and also with key injuries.

The same squad will perform better next season, and we will strengthen. I don't see why we have to finish 4th before being able to challenge for the title. I think City will challenge for the League next season if we make 3 or 4 good signings

I'd have him over Milner any day. Everton wouldn't sell him to us though, they hate us after the Lescott deal. They'd make us pay a ridiculous price

BlueBoy2010 said:
Arteta has just turned 28 not 29. To the poster at the top do you not think before you post? Moyes certainly does not give up any cups so our league position doesn't fall. Last season 5th FA Cup final season before 5th League Cup semi final, Europe last 16 you goon. We also don't have a paper thin squad we have jut had too many injuries this season an not just 1 game injuries long term injuries. You aren't scrapping for the title you never made 4th so don't mock it till you try it and if you think it is beyond Everton to finish in the top 4 next season then more fool you. You are aware that when we got a few players back we only lost 2 of 24 right? That was still wig injuries to key players! Since Boxing Day only Chelsea and Man Utd picked up more points. Thanks for your stupid opinion though made me chuckle.

I'm quoting a lifelong season ticket holding toffee who was supporting them before you were born. She can remember "The school of science" and when Everton were called "The bank of England Club" with the Littlewoods pools family behind you. No its not impossible you could finish top 4 but it would take a lot to go wrong with City, Spurs, Arsenal and manure to give you a chance. The City team that finished 5th will not be the one that starts next season we are talking about buying £30mill+ players, will you be buying any?? , Spurs will be strengthening on the back of finishing 4th even Villa will be improving. One place higher in the PL is worth more that winning the Carling, FA or Europa cups and you need the money more than any silverware. All power to Moyes he gets his teams overachieving but in the end money and the class of player will win out.

Sheikh n Bake said:
I'd have him over Milner any day. Everton wouldn't sell him to us though, they hate us after the Lescott deal. They'd make us pay a ridiculous price

I wouldn't he is poor.

Slow and very little technical ability.

I hope it's all bollocks. He's too old and too expensive and I wouldn't deal with those bitter Everton twats ever again. He's no better than Elano, Everton fans are the most deluded and annoying in the Prem.

BlueBoy2010 said:
Not going to happen he has already said he loves Everton and is going to stay at them despite intrest from Arsenal. He has said he is going to repay Everton for sticking by him through his horrific injury and set backs. And the thought of £20m lol almost as bad as thinking we'd let Rodwell go for £15m

fuck me it does'nt take you long does it...we can and will offer Arteta more than you can...you are going backwards after all..

-- Sun May 23, 2010 1:44 pm --

BlueBoy2010 said:
hgblue said:
The lad deserves the chance to better himself and earn a few quid in the process. We'll give you Bellamy and Onouha in return, plus quite a few million to keep you afloat until we come back for Rodwell next year.........
We stay afloat just fine or have you not seen the latest financial reports? Everton have a great chance next season to get into the top 4 again with our team. You can have your fun untill 2012 when the new rules come into play

would that be the same team that only managed 8th...wtf are you on.??

-- Sun May 23, 2010 1:48 pm --

BlueBoy2010 said:
Sabster said:
Look at all those players, how long did they stay at those clubs now compare that to arteta at everton.

I understand that concept but Arteta is not an outstanding player.
And Everton aren't an average club. Arteta has finished 4th, 5th x2, and 6th with Everton. Rooney left as he was a wanker and he thought we would be relegated selling him was the best thing we've ever done

-- Sun May 23, 2010 9:29 am --

Sabster said:
Look at all those players, how long did they stay at those clubs now compare that to arteta at everton.

I understand that concept but Arteta is not an outstanding player.

-- Sun May 23, 2010 9:25 am --

Its quite hard to watch him week in week out when hes injured so much..
and yes I do watch him alot and he is nowhere near the standard we want. He is good for everton -that is his standard.

You got into the top 4 (once) buy being organized and grinding out 1 nill victories - not due to any supposed creativity arteta actually gives you
You are an arogant little tossed aren't you? He has had one bad injury so I wouldn't say he's injured all the time. You obviously no jack shit about him or football in general. What standard are City? We have finished 4th once yeah once more than you despite spending £270m.

How far did you get in the champs league ?? and then how far in the UEFA? :)

-- Sun May 23, 2010 1:52 pm --

BlueBoy2010 said:
Everton are in £41m debt not a lot in the modern game. Should we make CL next year which is possible that could be all but wiped out. Most Everton fans think Bill Kenwright won't let go of Everton which is why many fans detest him. Kenwright is a failure and a loser and has held this team back for many years. He will go eventually. To the poster above we rely on being tight in defence? We have conceded loads of goals this season. Also I have seen us play an open attacking game against Arsenal at the Emitates Chelsea home and away, Man Utd 3-1 etc so pay more attention

you reckon you'll make champs league next year ?? dream on mate ffs..

you're going backwards...where is this sudden transformation coming from ??the teams around you will spend and strengthen too...<br /><br />-- Sun May 23, 2010 1:54 pm --<br /><br />
BlueBoy2010 said:

And where excactly did that loss of only 2 in 24 get you ?? If the teams around you are doing ok that doesnt mean jack..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.