Arteta

Sabster said:
Marvin said:
Well we'll have to disagree then. For me he is the player that lifts Everton from a very hard-working well organised team, to a very good one

What makes Arteta stand out is that he has outstanding technical ability And great work-rate. He can do everything that you'd want from a midfielder. Tackle, close down, score, pass. Right up there for me with Fabregas, and he does it consistently - injuries permitting. If he'd have been fit at the start of the season Everton would have been in Europe.

Right up with Fabregas, fabregas is on a different planet to arteta.

Change that to average technical ability and very high work rate.

I would rather we finished 10th all season than play football like everton - its always compact tight and never open this is not what I want to see.
Hahaha you're a fucking idiot not only do you know nothing about football you actually believe yourself. I think your comments have just summed you up as a bit of an empty head. You don't know nothing about Arteta or Everton. Try harder mate if you said this drivel in a pub you'd be laughed at.

BlueBoy2010 said:
Sabster said:
Look at all those players, how long did they stay at those clubs now compare that to arteta at everton.

I understand that concept but Arteta is not an outstanding player.
And Everton aren't an average club. Arteta has finished 4th, 5th x2, and 6th with Everton. Rooney left as he was a wanker and he thought we would be relegated selling him was the best thing we've ever done

-- Sun May 23, 2010 9:29 am --

Sabster said:
Look at all those players, how long did they stay at those clubs now compare that to arteta at everton.

I understand that concept but Arteta is not an outstanding player.

-- Sun May 23, 2010 9:25 am --

Its quite hard to watch him week in week out when hes injured so much..
and yes I do watch him alot and he is nowhere near the standard we want. He is good for everton -that is his standard.

You got into the top 4 (once) buy being organized and grinding out 1 nill victories - not due to any supposed creativity arteta actually gives you
You are an arogant little tossed aren't you? He has had one bad injury so I wouldn't say he's injured all the time. You obviously no jack shit about him or football in general. What standard are City? We have finished 4th once yeah once more than you despite spending £270m.

Well I obviously KNOW ( not no - that is a negative) a lot more about football than you. You can call it arrogance if you like but I believe we should be looking to sign top class established players or excellent young player neither category does arteta fall into.<br /><br />-- Sun May 23, 2010 9:50 am --<br /><br />
BlueBoy2010 said:
Sabster said:
Right up with Fabregas, fabregas is on a different planet to arteta.

Change that to average technical ability and very high work rate.

I would rather we finished 10th all season than play football like everton - its always compact tight and never open this is not what I want to see.
Hahaha you're a fucking idiot not only do you know nothing about football you actually believe yourself. I think your comments have just summed you up as a bit of an empty head. You don't know nothing about Arteta or Everton. Try harder mate if you said this drivel in a pub you'd be laughed at.

You are the idiot, you have won games and played well NOT by playing extravagant, open football, BUT by being organized and tight in defense. If you can not agree with that you are the fool.

I can honestly say I have never enjoyed watching everton play, as I have never seen an open attacking game of football - give me an example if you wish.

I would much rather watch tottenham, man u, chelsea, wigan, west brom etc. play

I think this is coming from the everton end moyes needs some money
for players so he's looked at the players he can afford to let go and get big
money for his injury last year was bad one a similar one again and that's him
finished at the age of 29 I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole rather have
milner.

Sabster said:
BlueBoy2010 said:
And Everton aren't an average club. Arteta has finished 4th, 5th x2, and 6th with Everton. Rooney left as he was a wanker and he thought we would be relegated selling him was the best thing we've ever done

-- Sun May 23, 2010 9:29 am --

You are an arogant little tossed aren't you? He has had one bad injury so I wouldn't say he's injured all the time. You obviously no jack shit about him or football in general. What standard are City? We have finished 4th once yeah once more than you despite spending £270m.

Well I obviously KNOW ( not no - that is a negative) a lot more about football than you. You can call it arrogance if you like but I believe we should be looking to sign top class established players or excellent young player neither category does arteta fall into.
If you run your rivals down you just end up running your own club down....."we're better than rubbish"

Strongly disagree with anyone saying Arteta wouldn't improve us to be honest.

He's like Elano but with tackling and even more importantly CONSISTENCY thrown in.

Milner + Arteta = Massively improved midfield IMO

Marvin said:
Sabster said:
Well I obviously KNOW ( not no - that is a negative) a lot more about football than you. You can call it arrogance if you like but I believe we should be looking to sign top class established players or excellent young player neither category does arteta fall into.
If you run your rivals down you just end up running your own club down....."we're better than rubbish"

No sure what the problem is. He does not rate Arteta as much as Fabregas. Many people will agree with him.

For me, he is a very good player, but as I previoulsy said, he goes missing in too many games to be considered 'a great player'.

sam221985 said:

He's like Elano but with tackling and even more importantly CONSISTENCY thrown in.

Elano could dribble past a man - I have never ever seen arteta do that.

Sabster said:
sam221985 said:

Elano could dribble past a man - I have never ever seen arteta do that.
Will have to disagree, and leave it at that

sam221985 said:

Pretty much spot on that^^^^.
Everyone has opinions but Arteta is technically far better than any other CM we have, so there fore he is an improvement, he wouldn't look out of place in any premiership side, imo, of coarse.

BlueBoy2010 said:
hgblue said:
The lad deserves the chance to better himself and earn a few quid in the process. We'll give you Bellamy and Onouha in return, plus quite a few million to keep you afloat until we come back for Rodwell next year.........
We stay afloat just fine or have you not seen the latest financial reports? Everton have a great chance next season to get into the top 4 again with our team. You can have your fun untill 2012 when the new rules come into play

Before you start painting a rosy picture of Everton's finances I'd read this

<a class="postlink" href="http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/04/why-has-nobody-bought-everton.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/04 ... erton.html</a>

Makes scary reading doesn't it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.