Ashes to Ashes

Ben-MCFC said:
The only thing I don't get is if the reason they are there is to be taken from purgatory to heaven, why was Sam Tyler not dead the first time he came to the 70s since he managed to escape and get back to his normal life, obviously he wasn't dying so what was he doing with Hunt in the first place

Sam escaped because of medical help, but then went back on purpose. Mainly because he had no desire to carry on living and knew that jumping off that building was one route back. He trusted Gene and knew that Gene was the conduit for whatever lay ahead.

Ben-MCFC said:
The only thing I don't get is if the reason they are there is to be taken from purgatory to heaven, why was Sam Tyler not dead the first time he came to the 70s since he managed to escape and get back to his normal life, obviously he wasn't dying so what was he doing with Hunt in the first place

the way i see it is that gene hunt was there to help them pass over as they had violent unexpected deaths(this is similar to the idea of ghosts who cant pass over) with sam tyler this was probably due to the fact that this series was written without knowledge of the ending of the second but could still be explained as he was in a coma somewhere between real and afterlife, like the stories of people looking down on their own bodies but then return to them.

with alex once she realised that the times was always 0906 this was her time of death as had she been in a coma like sam tyler times would have continued

my take anyhow

mackenzie said:
Ben-MCFC said:

Sam escaped because of medical help, but then went back on purpose. Mainly because he had no desire to carry on living and knew that jumping off that building was one route back. He trusted Gene and knew that Gene was the conduit for whatever lay ahead.

But isn't the only reason they become part of Gene's team is because they're dead, in the first place? Obviously he's dead after he jumps off the building so then Gene came help him to heaven, but how could he be in purgatory the first time if he was able to come out of the coma, if he was still alive on earth, he wouldn't be with Gene, surely?

...EDIT: I think I understand now, clearly they wouldn't have had the ending of Ashes to Ashes in mind the first time round, cheers.

That fella that burst into gene's department at the end was just like sam and alex in the way he was from the future because he went were is my ipod!!!

So it is showing that gene will carry on and build a new empire with more people.

I dont think they will do another series but with that lad from the future at the end they have left it open to another series. Very clever.

mcfc_die_hard said:
That fella that burst into gene's department at the end was just like sam and alex in the way he was from the future because he went were is my ipod!!!

So it is showing that gene will carry on and build a new empire with more people.

I dont think they will do another series but with that lad from the future at the end they have left it open to another series. Very clever.

hope they dont make another there will be no point we know everything now it would be just like any other cop show

Ben-MCFC said:
mackenzie said:

But isn't the only reason they become part of Gene's team is because they're dead, in the first place? Obviously he's dead after he jumps off the building so then Gene came help him to heaven, but how could he be in purgatory the first time if he was able to come out of the coma, if he was still alive on earth, he wouldn't be with Gene, surely?

...EDIT: I think I understand now, clearly they wouldn't have had the ending of Ashes to Ashes in mind the first time round, cheers.

yeah thats right they could also explain for continuity has he was in a coma so was spirtually dead but doctors brought him back

The way I saw it was Gene Hunt as an Archangel protector of the heavens and Keates as the devil incarnate. Gene's role was to guide police officers who were in purgatory until such time as they resolved the issues that were preventing them from accepting their death which in turn was stopping their souls from reaching heaven. At the same time Keates was trying to lure and tempt them to hell.

The only bit I didn't get is why Gene himself had this role, what made his death any different from Chris's say or Alex.

denislawsbackheel said:
Ben-MCFC said:
So is Gene Hunt destined to an eternity in purgatory then?
his choice as I read it.

he could of walked in the pub with them i guess, i like the idea that he can round in quattro(now merc) shoot bad guys and drink and smoke to his hearts content without having to worry about health problems, probably his own personally heaven<br /><br />-- Fri May 21, 2010 9:42 pm --<br /><br />
Shands said:
The way I saw it was Gene Hunt as an Archangel protector of the heavens and Keates as the devil incarnate. Gene's role was to guide police officers who were in purgatory until such time as they resolved the issues that were preventing them from accepting their death which in turn was stopping their souls from reaching heaven. At the same time Keates was trying to lure and tempt them to hell.

The only bit I didn't get is why Gene himself had this role, what made his death any different from Chris's say or Alex.

maybe he got offered this role after the previous one decided to move on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.