assaulted by city fans

I was in a pub after the game with fellow blues. There was a lot of tension in there, and it felt like it could kick off any minute.
We may be overreacting a bit. Everyone is going to be pissed off losing the derby in the last minute.
Thankfully i've never seen any blue on blue violence, and I hope I never will.
We should all be pulling together!

mammutly said:
the god Gerry Gow said:
SWP's back said:
Well look harder

Nearly an incident today outside the flats just passed Mary D's.

Lad pushing a wheelchair passed a parked car which pulled out. Luckily a shout n a few choice words and crash averted.

I walk down that road after every game and cars v people incidents happen all the time. They just shouldn't have cars on that road for an hour before and after the game.
Bollocks. Course they should. It has 4 car parks leading on to it.

It's not hard to walk down the pavement.<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:43 am --<br /><br />
Wiekens said:
Interesting thread. I had a bit of an altercation myself today. I'm 24 and have had a season ticket going with my family since I was 9. I'll admit that I like a moan at city at times and almost find it a cathartic experience. Today I got annoyed just after it went to 2-1. I could see all game that we should have started tevez instead of balotelli so I said out loud that I thought it was a joke and had a bit of go at nobody in particular. The guy in front, who sits their with his kid, turned round, called me a w****r and told me to f*** off whilst hurling other abuse directly at me.

Now I don't care that I had a moan at an off time, I would never turn round and have a go at someone in such a threatening manner. There are plenty of people who sit around me who I completely disagree with and find somewhat annoying but they have their opinions, I have mine and that is their right to say what they want as long as it isn't racist or impacts directly on someone else. But for this guy to turn round and abuse me like that in front of his kid when he's seen me turning up week in week out for years is a disgrace. I don't care if it's the derby and people are worked up, it's not on.

I'd extend it to a general philosophy that recently supporting city is less fun. Particularly away. I go to a lot less aways now because I find myself surrounded by a bunch of drunks more interested in kicking off with the other set of fans than watching the game. I love city and I love football but today was a real low point, nobody has ever abused me like that at city or in any other walk of life and if things carry on I'd half consider stop going altogether.
Wow, someone swore at you. That must have been pretty startling.

SWP's back said:
mammutly said:
the god Gerry Gow said:
Nearly an incident today outside the flats just passed Mary D's.

Lad pushing a wheelchair passed a parked car which pulled out. Luckily a shout n a few choice words and crash averted.

I walk down that road after every game and cars v people incidents happen all the time. They just shouldn't have cars on that road for an hour before and after the game.
Bollocks. Course they should. It has 4 car parks leading on to it.

It's not hard to walk down the pavement.

You would think!I often jump the bus going back and the road is packed with blues who won't move and even seem to take great delight in stopping the bus,which is full of fellow Blues trying to get home.Mad!

ban-mcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Sorry to hear this shady.

Can we have a bit less of the 'what's happened to our fans?' hand-wringing from some, please.

You get 40000 pissed up working class blokes together and odd incidents will happen. They always have. But overall attending city games is a safe experience. In generally people are fairly tolerant and there's a bit of comraderie.

On forums now everything is public, but there's no need to lose perspective.We had a lot more head cases at our matches 30 years ago, trust me.

Well said

This is obviously a bad incident but similar will have happened years ago.

the worrying thing is that could have escalated yesterday.....the lynch mob that set on me didnt realise they were being surrounded themselves.

Wiekens said:
Interesting thread. I had a bit of an altercation myself today. I'm 24 and have had a season ticket going with my family since I was 9. I'll admit that I like a moan at city at times and almost find it a cathartic experience. Today I got annoyed just after it went to 2-1. I could see all game that we should have started tevez instead of balotelli so I said out loud that I thought it was a joke and had a bit of go at nobody in particular. The guy in front, who sits their with his kid, turned round, called me a w****r and told me to f*** off whilst hurling other abuse directly at me.

Now I don't care that I had a moan at an off time, I would never turn round and have a go at someone in such a threatening manner. There are plenty of people who sit around me who I completely disagree with and find somewhat annoying but they have their opinions, I have mine and that is their right to say what they want as long as it isn't racist or impacts directly on someone else. But for this guy to turn round and abuse me like that in front of his kid when he's seen me turning up week in week out for years is a disgrace. I don't care if it's the derby and people are worked up, it's not on.

I'd extend it to a general philosophy that recently supporting city is less fun. Particularly away. I go to a lot less aways now because I find myself surrounded by a bunch of drunks more interested in kicking off with the other set of fans than watching the game. I love city and I love football but today was a real low point, nobody has ever abused me like that at city or in any other walk of life and if things carry on I'd half consider stop going altogether.

Interesting. I go all over with City and never see anything like this. Used to be the norm but not these days.

cheddar404 said:
Wiekens said:

Interesting. I go all over with City and never see anything like this. Used to be the norm but not these days.
Are you talking about the awful experience of him being sworn at? Or the away fans thing? (I have to say I can't remember the last time I saw a group of City fans away have a fight with a group of home supporters)

pride in battle said:
Skashion said:
I believe there's a question to older blues, has there always been blue on blue?
Remember going to Sheffield Wednesday, I think 1979 in the cup and City fans were fighting with each other in the leppings lane end.

According to the YG Brigade who fought in the battle of London Bridge snzzzzzzzzzzzzz etc etc they did not. Apparently they were all gents who open doors and gave up their seats on trains. Anyone who has to go round in gangs looking for violence regardless of the team they support it a Shit house and a Nob.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.