Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol I think the window has been solid, bernardo stayed, kova looks incredible and gvardiol is a player pep has chased for ages I have no doubt he will be class. Mahrez as much as I loved him was a rotation player as was laporte palmer and alvarez can cover Mahrez and gvardiol replaces laporte. Gundogan leaving is a big loss but kova will take his minutes. Yeah we are a bit light in cm with bernie and Kevin out but that's football if we sign olmo and doku our squad look abit inflated in my opinion
GK ederson, Carson, ortega (steffen)
Def Lewis, walker, Akanji, ake, diaz, gvardiol, stones, gomez (cancelo, laporte)
Mid kova, Philips, Kdb, bernardo, palmer, mcatee, Rodri, foden, grealish
For haaland, alvarez
Plus Bobb and perrone.

We've bought two cracking players but let three top ones go for derisory money, and the squad is too small as it currently stands.

The two we have got in are very good editions.....but we do need more and if we don't get quality in we will be stretched.

I think if pep does not rate him we should have made it clearer to Phillips that he needs to leave even at a cut down price

It would be unfair to fully judge right now as the transfer window is still open, but we have to be prepared to overpay for a midfielder if we want one (unless it's a release clause jobby).

I've heard Pep saying in the media that we won't overpay for players.. well if that is truly the case... Stick with what we have and put your trust in Oscar Bobb, James McAtee and Cole Palmer.

Don't be playing more games this season where Pep literally brings nobody on to make a point that the squad ain't up to it.

If the board leave the manager in this position, Pep is just going to have to utilise the squad as much as possible because Rodri simply cannot have another season where he plays the same amount of games... He's said so himself.

Can you read ? My view is on the basis there are no further incomings/outgoings which could change which would then potentially alter my view point. I made that very clear in the OP.
Well it’s a pointless exercise. Let’s make up a few other “on the basis of” & have more pointless debates

Ps. Yep, I can read

Last edited:
Stupid thread. Could the OP not have waited a couple of weeks, or is he looking to stir the shit?
Of course the window isn’t over so can’t fully judge. But you could argue it’s not really the sign of a great window that we are 2 games in, 10 days left, and scrambling round for 2 positions.

Really happy with Kovacic and Gvardiol. The squad would've been pretty much perfect had we signed those two and kept hold of Gundogan and Mahrez but these things happen.

Letting go of Laporte is understandable although I think we could be leaving ourselves a bit short on defenders when you consider that Stones and Ake pick up quite a lot of injuries and we only have one full-back assuming we let Cancelo go. I could be wrong but I think Lewis will get most of his minutes in midfield this season and Gomez doesn't seem to be a realistic option at full-back.

It looks like we probably need at least two more players, a winger and a midfielder who can ideally play as a 6 and an 8 so we have cover for Rodri. I think we'll get both but if we don't it's not the end of the world, we'll just have to give more opportunities to the likes of Palmer and McAtee, and start trusting Phillips more.

I still think we could challenge for the Premier League and Champions League with our current squad if we get relatively lucky with injuries (outside KDB of course) but we might have to sacrifice the domestic cup competitions which personally I can handle for one season.

That's how I see it as things stand but the squad could look very different a couple of weeks from now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.