Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It just feels like we've been lagging behind this summer in terms of selling, buying, hell even extending players. We've also given a lot of respect to current players who have now left or are leaving the club. Should've never let Gundo take that long to make a decision on whether he was gonna stay or leave, or let Mahrez leave if they didn't have someone already lined up. Most of the "good" players were picked up by other clubs fairly early in the summer so for us to let things still be up in the air with 10 days left to go is mindboggling to me. It's just weird and not like City at all basically.

Yes, you did
Not really. I specifically said it’s clearly too early to judge in its entirety.
But there is no way the club wanted to find themselves scrambling around at this stage of the window. And, we can therefore make the assessment it hasn’t been a perfect window.
So can we fully assess - well no. But can we agree it hasn’t been perfect, and certainly not gone to plan - yes.

Utterly disappointed by this transfer period for us.
We lost Gungogan, Mahrez and Laporte and had KDB out for half a season and while Gvardiol and Kovacic cover a part of it but we still didn't get a winger to replace Mahrez and a midfielder with attacking abilities to cover KDB's loss and Rodri's loneliness.

Get Doku and one of Paqueta's caliber in the next 11 days or else it will be a disaster. Injuries are lurking in the corner and fatigue will inevitably knock the door from time to time.

We have small square for a top team and we made it even smaller. And it's not that we don't have the money to sign top or great players. We have treble money and Laport, Mahrez, Cancello to reduce the net spend.
This is absurd that we don't at least sign Doku.

To let you know it's pointless obvs, but I think you did it to stir shit personally
I did it to have a reasoned, intelligent debate and allow blues to share opinions on an important subject regarding our club. My post was in the main quite positive so your take is pretty odd to say the least. As for you replying to claim it’s pointless, the irony of replying to something you think is pointless to say it’s pointless is no doubt lost on you.

Obviously a bit of an odd transfer window all round, but not too concerned yet.

Gvardiol looks great and is eight years younger than Laporte, so great business there.

Kovacic I've been really impressed with too. Looks like he can play the press resistant Rodri role and play more forward. There were plenty of times over the years that Gundogan was criticized for slowing down our game, and being too conservative, but the Springtime Zidane is all many remember. Kovacic looks sharp and I thought his passing was much more direct than. He's also three years younger than Gundo.

Mahrez is a loss, and I'd like to see someone come in, in a more attacking role. Obviously that doesn't need to be like for like as we've got plenty of flexibility in the squad. At worst, Alvarez has the capability to play another 10-15 games over last season, and Rico and Palmer would only need to do another 20 between them. I do expect us to get at least one more player in though, but bear in mind that Palmer is considering leaving if we bring in a winger as he's not confident he'll get much time on the pitch.

Paqueta was a curveball, but better we found out now. Remember that Atletico were stuck with Trippier's ban.

We were lucky with injuries last season, but given how much more flexible Pep has become with the defenders, I think we're less likely to have problems there.

Overall, the squad looks pretty good to me, particularly as the club are clearly still looking and I'd expect one, if not two, midfield players to come in.

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.