Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can you read ? My view is on the basis there are no further incomings/outgoings which could change which would then potentially alter my view point. I made that very clear in the OP.
why the need now when there is only a dozen days left till the window closes? That is the correct time to assess the transfer dealings.

All rather pointless now

When do we ever do direct replacements?

Pep is a big fan of getting different profiles when he's had to replace

Grealish came in on the left to replace Sterling long term, two very very different styles

Once Merlin retired Gundogan came in for him un the XI, 2 very different players on paper

Aguero and Haaland are very different..... Rodri and Dinho..... Ake and Cancelo.....

So that out the way, I'm satisfied with the summer so far, but it's clear we are an attacker short

Kovacic isn't like for like for Gundogan, but he's a world class midfielder who's slotted into our first XI and knows exactly how Pep wants us to play

Gvardiol is the future of the club, Laporte was on his way and Gvardiol is the big signing for the decade

Mahrez is the odd one, an unexpected move which is why we are a body short especially after Kev, but im less worried about Kev as I have faith in Foden (and Alvarez) to step up

Keeping Walker and Bernie is huge for us, they are almost irreplaceable

Also, I'd love for some of our academy to be drafted in, ino this is the perfect time so even if we are "weaker" this year but give game time to our own prospects ill be happy for the long term benefit

When do we ever do direct replacements?

Pep is a big fan of getting different profiles when he's had to replace

Grealish came in on the left to replace Sterling long term, two very very different styles

Once Merlin retired Gundogan came in for him un the XI, 2 very different players on paper

Aguero and Haaland are very different..... Rodri and Dinho..... Ake and Cancelo.....

So that out the way, I'm satisfied with the summer so far, but it's clear we are an attacker short

Kovacic isn't like for like for Gundogan, but he's a world class midfielder who's slotted into our first XI and knows exactly how Pep wants us to play

Gvardiol is the future of the club, Laporte was on his way and Gvardiol is the big signing for the decade

Mahrez is the odd one, an unexpected move which is why we are a body short especially after Kev, but im less worried about Kev as I have faith in Foden (and Alvarez) to step up

Keeping Walker and Bernie is huge for us, they are almost irreplaceable

Also, I'd love for some of our academy to be drafted in, ino this is the perfect time so even if we are "weaker" this year but give game time to our own prospects ill be happy for the long term benefit
did you know the athletic were about to put that line out or you just magic?

We've bought two cracking players but let three top ones go for derisory money, and the squad is too small as it currently stands.
Summed it up very nicely for me.

Chuffed with Kova, think he's absolutely made for this team and already fits like a glove. I think Gvardy is sure to be one of the top CBs of his generation, too. On that basis, we've done so well.

But we have lost some wonderful players. Perhaps the time was right for them to go, but I'll really miss Ilkay and Mahrez was such a top class rotation/sub option. Laporte is a lovely player, too, and I think we never quite made the most of his talent, but he'll still be leaving as a legend and a champion.

Without an attacking mid and/or winger, I'll think we look a bit light. The bench yesterday was simply unfit for a team that just won the treble, in my honest opinion.

With an attacking mid and/or winger, I think the squad will be as strong as it's ever been.

A lot can happen in the next week or two. We'll just have to wait and see.

why the need now when there is only a dozen days left till the window closes? That is the correct time to assess the transfer dealings.

All rather pointless now
If you feel it’s pointless (which it clearly isn’t given there are less than 2 weeks until the window closes) why on earth are you posting on the thread ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.