Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did it to have a reasoned, intelligent debate and allow blues to share opinions on an important subject regarding our club. My post was in the main quite positive so your take is pretty odd to say the least. As for you replying to claim it’s pointless, the irony of replying to something you think is pointless to say it’s pointless is no doubt lost on you.
To have an intelligent debate, we need an intelligent thread. This isn't one.

SO FAR.... it's a mixed bag for me.

I think Kovacic and Gvardiol look like great business from what I've seen.

I do think that keeping Walker is a massive "signing" for us and Bernardo is the same. Walker is a beast of a defender and can still do more than a job. He looks even better this season - maybe Pep and the armband have done something? Bernardo isn't replaceable for the fees mentioned so I'm glad both look like they are staying.

The outgoings are slightly disappointing, but not massively so.

I thought we'd had the best years out of Gundogan and I'd hate to have seen him slipping past his best with us. He was a great player but once you start hitting the 32/33 then you just won't have the legs to play like we need. Similar to Mahrez although I was probably more disappointed to see him go as he seemed to have more years ahead of him (I know he's about the same age as Gundo). Laporte has barely played in the last year so I'm not too bothered that he's going. If someone said we'd offload 3 players who are (give or take) 30 or more for around £50m I'd be happy with that, plus the wages will be freed up.

I think the club have probably made a few enquiries and just not found the players we want for a sensible fee. I would imagine that we definitely went in to ask about Rice and Bellingham but were not willing to pay the sums. I don't think Paqueta is a £90m player either. I suspect the Saudi money might have spooked a few teams with them not wanting to lose too many players. Chelsea are also a wildcard and we have to find players who won't be of interest to them either. Liverpool found this out to their cost!

It's hard for us as quite simply, there's not many players we can easily improve on, even the "second string" players. Top players won't want to sit on the bench so we have to find players who have the right attitude, will be happy to rotate and have the desire and ability to learn from Pep, plus not have their heads turned by big money.

I think we will sign Doku and he will give us something very different. I also suspect we might go into this season as one of a "rebuilder" where we look at Palmer, McAtee etc a bit more closely. Maybe we decide to hold our firepower this season and go all in next season.

Either way, I trust the club and Pep. They've shown over many years that they know a LOT more about players than we do!

2 really good signings this season but I can’t see anymore coming in. Unless there is somthinv going on behind the scenes . Would have liked neymar for a season tbh and we missed a trick on szloba aswelk .

Pretty poor. We’ve somewhat regressed as things stand. Kovacic is a sensible signing, but he’s undoubtedly not at the level of Gundogan. Gvardiol is perhaps an improvement on Laporte, but I really don’t think signing a centre half should have been our top priority. It’s arguably our strongest position. We should have focused on bringing in a winger.

Peoples opinions on this transfer window have been exhaustingly expressed in other threads all throughout the summer.

This thread is just going to cause more flapping and more unneccessary arguments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.