Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We must be out of all cup competitions and mid table from reading this thread?
What? We are a point off top and going strong in Europe and the FA cup? Nah, not having it.

Palmer’s exit is looking more and more like a mistake. I know he wanted to leave but perhaps we should have given him more opportunities. He’d offer more than some of our new signings.
I gave the window a 6, I thought this was generous at the time but I had faith in Gvardiol and still do but the Palmer mistake is proving costly and makes the window look more a 4 or 5 than a 6

I gave the window a 6, I thought this was generous at the time but I had faith in Gvardiol and still do but the Palmer mistake is proving costly and makes the window look more a 4 or 5 than a 6
What’s this Palmer mistake you talk of?

Yeah, I suppose so..
Come on, don’t be disrespectful, it’s OK to accept we can make mistakes!
Chelsea let KDB and Salah go, it happens

It wasn’t decent money, basically a swap for Kovacic, considering Chelsea were spending 120M to 150M their can’t be seen as good business now

Come on, don’t be disrespectful, it’s OK to accept we can make mistakes!
Chelsea let KDB and Salah go, it happens
I’ve not changed my stance since he left, or indeed since he was here.
I don’t see the superstar that some others do. I see a very good player who could have played his part in the squad over the next season or two.
I don’t think it was a mistake. I’d have been happy to keep him to see how he developed but wasn’t fussed when he decided he wanted to leave.

I’ve not changed my stance since he left, or indeed since he was here.
I don’t see the superstar that some others do. I see a very good player who could have played his part in the squad over the next season or two.
I don’t think it was a mistake. I’d have been happy to keep him to see how he developed but wasn’t fussed when he decided he wanted to leave.
OK that’s your opinion, your entitled to it but so are others if we disagree.
I was gutted when Palmer left, I had high hopes for him and to see him shine at Chelsea has been disappointing

We must be out of all cup competitions and mid table from reading this thread?
What? We are a point off top and going strong in Europe and the FA cup? Nah, not having it.
But I'd estimate we start 90% of our games with at most 1 of the new players.
Maybe next year the new lads will kick in and get more game time

Lets be honest. Its a Rodwell Sinclair level transfer window. Going for players the calibre of Bellingham and Rice and ending up with Nunes is embarrrassing. Selling Palmer is turning out to be a fucking horror show aswell.

I think Josko will be a good player in the long term and Kovacic would be very useful if he wasn't injured all the time. But we managed to waste about 2 months in a bidding war with ourselves over that and I hardly expected us to spend that sort of money on the best young centre half in Europe only to turn him into a mediocre wing back.
Agree, very odd transfer window from the best team in the world. We’ve let the pack catch us up. Sold the wrong players bought a couple of duds on the back of the Phillips saga and didn’t really replace Gundo. We then put a bid in for Rice and then shat the bed and bought Nunes. Winning the CL should have been a springboard to attract more of the best. I’ve read how we’re all odd because we can still do the treble this season but if you look at how we are playing we are more likely to win nothing as sad as it is to say

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.