Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And don’t forgetting bidding £90 mill for Rice and then walking away when he was effectively the most needed with Phillips flopping and Rodri looking more knackered than ever
We didn't walk away from Rice. Pretty sure as soon as Arsenal had a bid accepted by West Ham, Rice chose Arsenal, and probably made it clear to us Arsenal were his preffered club.

We didn't walk away from Rice. Pretty sure as soon as Arsenal had a bid accepted by West Ham, Rice chose Arsenal, and probably made it clear to us Arsenal were his preffered club.
This. We didn't publicly get rejected we pulled out. We knew what we were doing.

I personally think the last window was the worst ever in the Pep era. We failed to secure either Bellingham or Rice, Paqueta’s betting charges obviously happened and we were unable to secure his services. Gundogan and Mahrez leaving was unfortunate and you just cannot replace those type of players.

I can see why we bought Gvardiol - I think he will prove to be immense, considering he’s being played out of position

Kovacic was a smart piece of business and will be important in the run in, however he is ultimately a stopgap and I don’t think he contributes adequately to the offensive phase of play in terms of G/A.

Doku is very raw and inexperienced, lacking the final product however he is yet to have his first full season under pep and will hopefully improve next season. I am struggling to see why we bought Nunes, i don’t see where he fits in at all. Is he at the city level? A panic buy from Txiki in my opinion.
This coming summer window is massive! Txiki needs to get this right

A lack of world class signings together with the loss of creative players has cost us big time this season. Sadly I wouldn’t be surprised if we win nothing. Some on here are blind to that and ridicule those who see what is so bad and Obvious. The only player we bought who was good was Gvardiol.

We can't get any ball through to Haaland since Gundo left. So if he's cancelled out.. we need goals from players who can create for themselves.

It's almost like we need a Carlos Tevez/ Mahrez type player again.. who can win games by himself when the link to Haaland isn't working. Is there a player out there like that though?

I'd think Bobb and Julian would be trusted more but apparently not..

If Bernie and Kev go this year I dont see anyway we can make that rebuild, Kev 34 next and Bernie homesickness now shows what a bad window we had last year just cant be fixed .
Even if we got Wirtz, Musiala and Kimmich, adding Bobb, we have lost Gundo Bernie Kev Palmer and Mahrez
add Walker age and Stones reliability
That's how much we will need
Paquetá and Guimarães dont do it

Last edited:
This court case is going to have a big say on who we bring in.
Agreed, it just needs to be resolved asap. For me what was added baring Gvardiol was just not up to the mark. Kova is fine to some degree but saw him more as a super sub to see out matches

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.